PDA

View Full Version : SC901 Head unit on the R messing around. Advice appreciated.

foammanmark
Thursday 16th July 2015, 16:42
Been fine until today and suddenly I have no sound whatsoever but the display is fine. Swapped the units over with the one in my C70, and immediately got sound back. Thinking that it might be the volume button/knob, but anyone had the same happen please?

MoleT-5R
Thursday 16th July 2015, 17:29
Been fine until today and suddenly I have no sound whatsoever but the display is fine. Swapped the units over with the one in my C70, and immediately got sound back. Thinking that it might be the volume button/knob, but anyone had the same happen please?

silly thought, it doesn't have a mute facility does it ?? and may be it's got knocked on.....no parrot kits or telephone thingy's connected

have you tried the unit again since you've unplugged it ??

hope you sort it easily mate

t5 pete
Thursday 16th July 2015, 18:00
We're having problems with the one in the s70 but only for cds so will most likely replace it for a double din unit with more sound control

foammanmark
Thursday 16th July 2015, 19:24
silly thought, it doesn't have a mute facility does it ?? and may be it's got knocked on.....no parrot kits or telephone thingy's connected

have you tried the unit again since you've unplugged it ??

hope you sort it easily mate

I just have a simple ear piece in the car that doesn't connect with the stereo at all. I've pressed all the buttons cos I was thinking the same as you. The unit was swapped with the C70's and it doesn't work in there either. Thanks for the tips and I will continue to mess.

foammanmark
Thursday 16th July 2015, 19:25
We're having problems with the one in the s70 but only for cds so will most likely replace it for a double din unit with more sound control

That's 3 of us posting on here tonight with SC901 issues.............

foammanmark
Thursday 16th July 2015, 20:11
OK, so I've just sat in the C70 and the stereo has sound again.................

Think I will leave them swapped round in the cars and see how I go on. Can't explain it but I still think it's the volume knob sticking on silent if that's possible.

stribo
Thursday 16th July 2015, 20:21
I had the same problem with one of ours, if I thumped the side of the dash next to the stereo, sometimes the sound would come back, it's either a loose connection, or dry joint.

Biff
Friday 17th July 2015, 12:26
I'm yet to buy a Volvo with a working sc901. Both have only worked with the radio.
Maybe the next one will...;)

jamesy12345
Friday 17th July 2015, 13:44
just fixed mine today! 3CD changer is working after cleaning it, 6CD does work but the MP3 thing is plugged in.....haven't tried the tape deck yet

//edit

Mark have you made sure all plugs on the rear of the HU are pushed right in & no pins are bent (daft one I know)

foammanmark
Friday 17th July 2015, 17:53
just fixed mine today! 3CD changer is working after cleaning it, 6CD does work but the MP3 thing is plugged in.....haven't tried the tape deck yet

//edit

Mark have you made sure all plugs on the rear of the HU are pushed right in & no pins are bent (daft one I know)

Pleased to hear that you sorted your's. I checked all the connections before removing the unit from the R, and when it was installed in the C70 it still didn't work...............for a while. See how it goes on over the weekend.

AcidicDavey
Friday 17th July 2015, 19:21
Reliable units these...

Just for balance I've had a chuffed SC805 as well as a SC901 :P

AshDVS
Friday 31st July 2015, 11:35
What typically goes wrong with the SC901?

I've had a couple of volvo branded alpine 6 stackers fail but the SC901s I've had have been fine.
The current one in our V70T5 is fine other than being a little sensitive to slightly scratched cds.

foammanmark
Saturday 21st November 2015, 20:08
Never played a CD on my 'intermittent 901', but I tried one today and it worked. I'm now thinking that I've pressed something that I shouldn't have that has affected the radio, but I'm looking for the instructions for some guidance.............

foammanmark
Wednesday 27th January 2016, 21:00
So my SC901 still has intermittent radio but the CD is still fine. Anyway, my local indy finally has a unit in which subject to testing will be going in the R as I've given up on my unit.