PDA

View Full Version : V70 Strange boost issues?

Soulboy
Sunday 12th July 2015, 12:09
Was driving yesterday and pulled onto a roundabout with the same throttle opening as I normally would but there was a lack of urgency even when I got nervous and planted it to the floor.

Then on the way back it still had a lack of low down pull and I kicked it down on the dual carriageway and the gauge shot to 14psi(which it's never done)then dropped straight to sevenish and felt pretty gutless tbh.

Went out this morning and checked for leaks but couldn't find anything obvious, took it for another blast, first kickdown perfect, went to 10psi and stayed solid to the redline, as it changed gear it shot to 14psi then straight back to 7psi, low down response is still lacking,no warning lights btw

Fitted aftermarket BCS a couple of weeks back so can hopefully rule that out

Any ideas?

claymore
Sunday 12th July 2015, 13:57
BSC is the first place I would look

M-R-P
Sunday 12th July 2015, 15:31
If it was an ipd one or similar, did you "train" the ecu to use it?

LeeT5
Sunday 12th July 2015, 22:09
If it was an ipd one or similar, did you "train" the ecu to use it?

That's such a load of bolox! (Not digging at you Martin)

You don't need to "train" the ECU, the ECM is adaptive, so it learns itself. Just fit it and drive the car gently and introduce the boost gradually.
Following their 'learning' instructions is crap and utterly impossible unless you live on a disused runway! Just don't thrash the car and load boost in 3rd or 4th for at least 10 miles, then you'll be fine. Make Sure you include a switched off cycle for 10 minutes.

Soulboy
Monday 13th July 2015, 10:34
Well I did try the reset procedure and it seems to have sorted it, won't know for sure until I do a journey later, but it did pull 12psi constant just now in 3rd and 4th which it wouldn't do yesterday.

One thing did occur to me though,I know I got the actuator pipe right on the BCS but what if I got the other 2 the wrong way round? Would it run wrong from word go or take a while to surface?