PDA

View Full Version : S60 T5 boost

GAZ-MAN
Friday 10th July 2015, 13:08
Hi all, my pal just bought a s60 t5 it boosts to 10psi and then drops down to about 5psi as the revs go up, he just bought a manual boost controller and fitted it on the pipe going to the actuator but it's done no difference, I'm guessing it's the wrong hose he's put it on would anyone know? Thanks in advance

Soulboy
Friday 10th July 2015, 13:20
As far as I'm aware you can't use an MBC on later T5's as the ecu doesn't like it.

I would guess that maybe the actuator is weak and either needs tightening or ideally replacing.

Some of the knowledgeable guys will be along soon I'm sure (-:

ExternalError
Friday 10th July 2015, 14:33
Its either the TCV needs replacing, a boost leak somewhere between turbo and the throttle body, the vac hoses are perished and need replacing or the actuator on the turbo, are you getting any error messages on the dash or through a code reader also Soulboy is correct you cant fit a MBC on ME7 cars as they are an enclosed air system controlled by the ecu which is the same reason you cant fit a dump valve.

M-R-P
Saturday 11th July 2015, 01:04
You can fit an MBC and raise the boost to 14-16psi, depending on the state of the bps and maf.

Best to try and fix the issue before adding more variables to the equation. It should hold at least 10psi up to about 6k rpm before it starts to drop, the ecu will control this via the tcv and wastegate actuator. If it's losing boost, I'd look for leaks first and then look at the tcv, actuator and vac pipes.

LeeT5
Sunday 12th July 2015, 22:24
Hi all, my pal just bought a s60 t5 it boosts to 10psi and then drops down to about 5psi as the revs go up, he just bought a manual boost controller and fitted it on the pipe going to the actuator but it's done no difference, I'm guessing it's the wrong hose he's put it on would anyone know? Thanks in advance

Why?

Has he done a stage '0'? Answers probably...No.
Any codes? ......:smirk:

There's a wrong and a right way to solve the cars problem and your mates going about it all the wrong way.
He's only just bought the car and already fitting an MBC...:rotfl:.....Give me strength!

wallace570
Monday 13th July 2015, 19:08
Mine done that hit boost then lost about 5psi... New boost solenoid from Volvo done the trick pulls hard and holds a good level boost line on a an obd graph

wallace570
Monday 13th July 2015, 19:12
Mine done that hit boost then lost about 5psi... New boost solenoid from Volvo done the trick pulls hard and holds a good level boost line on a an obd grab hhttp://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTEyWDUxNg==/$(KGrHqR,!kwFBV9f1tJZBQ,,MbUq4g~~60_35.JPG