PDA

View Full Version : Ferrita install

lewjt
Thursday 9th July 2015, 22:17
Hi
I've been trying to install a ferrita downpipe to my p2 r this evening, I can't seem to get it to fit right does the crash box need modifying/removed

LeeT5
Sunday 12th July 2015, 22:14
What's a crash box?

Redbrick
Sunday 12th July 2015, 22:47
Is it a new Ferrita? If it is and from Don @ Kalmar Union I'm sure he would provide some support.

I've heard of the crash box causing issues with the IPD front ARB but not sure about the downpipe.

Redbrick
Sunday 12th July 2015, 22:59
A swift Google search revealed this from a mate of mine:

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/4242-fitting-3-downpipe/?p=103198

In case you aren't a member:

Just done one on my R using the ramps at MRG on Tuesday, sounds loverly and feels loads better at the top end.
All I can say is that it is tight getting the DP in and you have to modify the steering crash beam (stops the steering box submarining into the bulkhead in a crash) to make it fit on the R, they are cutting a section out for me so I can reattach it. Beautifully made exhaust and DP, shame to put it on the car really :lol:.
Get Tim to do it so he can have all the fun :lol: , top bloke and nothing he doesn't know about Volvos.
If he wasn't so far I'd take mine there but luckily I have MRG closeby who are excellent.

stribo
Monday 13th July 2015, 07:11
I had to remove the crash plate next to the steering column to fit my downpipe, though it wasn't a Ferrita one.