PDA

View Full Version : Bodged together exhaust system for the t5

bunka T5
Wednesday 8th July 2015, 15:27
Hello cheeps n peeps,

On the verge of giving up finding an exhaust system that A) doesnt cost an arm and a leg and B) doesnt involve driving several hours for them to 'look at it' before deciding if they can build one for me..

My current system is - Some decat / downpipe I believe standard 2.25" (I think its built so I can bolt on a Cat if needed and replace the straight pipe to back box), to a suitcase backbox / std. tip.
So I had planned to get a guy to cut out the suitcase on the rear of the system and replace with a pipe to meet up with the tail pipe and then cut & stick a muffler on the end of that.

I gather that will render the whole system still as 2.25" but with better flow then with the suitcase box(?), but my QQ is will it be too loud?
Has anyone done something like this before with out it being a problem ?

Lastly if anyone has another cost effective solution to this I'm all ears. Money really is an issue but I can afford max of £200. I know the rear end of the system is starting to blow so may aswell get a nice noise out of her instead.

Sorry for lazy / badly researched post.
Cheers

MaxTS
Wednesday 8th July 2015, 15:59
What you can do is get two sleeved 90 deg's of the correct diameter and a "glass pack" box which replaces the suit case. I'll discuss with you Sunday...

t5 pete
Wednesday 8th July 2015, 17:11
Best advice I can give is leave it alone until you can afford a cat back stainless and do It properly I don't know where your based but here in Sheffield there any where between 3 and £400

Saaamon
Wednesday 8th July 2015, 21:58
Couldn't agree anymore with t5pete.

Nealevo
Thursday 9th July 2015, 07:12
cutting and bodging is a waste of time, if you can afford £200 now just drive the car a few more months until you can afford a cat back system, they do come up on forums every now and then and they wont cost much more, you will get a better gain in the long run.

t5 pete
Thursday 9th July 2015, 19:46
cutting and bodging is a waste of time, if you can afford £200 now just drive the car a few more months until you can afford a cat back system, they do come up on forums every now and then and they wont cost much more, you will get a better gain in the long run.

Wow you give same advice and get a thanks must be a pink thing lol

bunka T5
Thursday 9th July 2015, 19:58
Better ?

t5 pete
Thursday 9th July 2015, 20:04
Pmsl much better cannot have that pink volvo driver stealing the limelight

bunka T5
Sunday 12th July 2015, 19:25
I know you lot wont like the sound of it, but while I decided to save up for a decent system, I have got a chap to gut the back box for the time being, I just want a bit of noise, and it will look standard ;)