PDA

View Full Version : South Coast Volvo meet

Ettienne
Thursday 25th June 2015, 09:58
http://www.brightonminiclub.co.uk

Next meet (proposed) 12th July 10am, onwards mini fest shoreham (details above) as far as I gather all cars welcome and several mini / Volvo owners.

Free to get in but I guess chuck some money in the charity box

CAREBEAR-666
Thursday 25th June 2015, 16:12
Ha, wonder if my Brighton mini club membership, No 2, is still valid?

Ettienne
Thursday 25th June 2015, 18:45
You can always ask on the day lol

It looks like it's a car show that they advertise rather than just mini's

RichT4
Saturday 27th June 2015, 07:31
We completely given up on the Vine meets then?

Ettienne
Saturday 27th June 2015, 07:48
Nope we had one last weekend, 6 volvos I think it was.

It's organised via Facebook, there is a bigger audience.

When I remember I'll post up the dates when I get a chance but everyone is welcome to come along.

stribo
Saturday 27th June 2015, 11:06
Nope we had one last weekend, 6 volvos I think it was.

It's organised via Facebook, there is a bigger audience.

When I remember I'll post up the dates when I get a chance but everyone is welcome to come along.

Whereabouts on Facebook was that arranged? I didn't see anything.

Ettienne
Saturday 27th June 2015, 11:24
On the south coast Volvo page, just join the group

stribo
Saturday 27th June 2015, 13:04
On the south coast Volvo page, just join the group

I joined it weeks ago, but I still haven't been approved, maybe Rob doesn't want me on his group. ;)

Ettienne
Saturday 27th June 2015, 17:58
I joined it weeks ago, but I still haven't been approved, maybe Rob doesn't want me on his group. ;)

I'll send him a text, it's a slow group he may not have even noticed tbh

RichT4
Saturday 27th June 2015, 23:36
Whereabouts on Facebook was that arranged? I didn't see anything.

Likewise, not heard anything about it. nice of it to be posted up on here about a new FB page. :S

AAnickmac
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 09:13
This is only 5 mins from me so may pop down. I'm out with lifeboat that day but will try pop in on way through.
It was originally just minis but over last few years has grown to quite a large meet for a lot of other manufacturers too. Loads of jap motors. Be good to have some volvos there. 😊

Ettienne
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 09:25
Likewise, not heard anything about it. nice of it to be posted up on here about a new FB page. :S

It's not my fb page rich, I thought that others would be interested as its a classic car show that's local and free. Point taken next time I'll just post on the fb page.

stribo
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 09:40
It's not my fb page rich, I thought that others would be interested as its a classic car show that's local and free. Point taken next time I'll just post on the fb page.

What's the point of putting it on the Facebook page, if we can't see said page?

Ettienne
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 10:30
Because of all the hassle organising meets over dates on vpc, it's just posted up on fb and with not too much arguing, it's not my page and anyone can join.

I've only posted a few times on there as its only when I fancy organising a meet so it's not a rigid monthly event.

There is a larger audience on fb and we have as many rwd cars as fwd last time, I will only post on fb now.

stribo
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 11:10
Because of all the hassle organising meets over dates on vpc, it's just posted up on fb and with not too much arguing, it's not my page and anyone can join.

I've only posted a few times on there as its only when I fancy organising a meet so it's not a rigid monthly event.

There is a larger audience on fb and we have as many rwd cars as fwd last time, I will only post on fb now.

But not anyone can join, anyone can ask to join, but not everyone's approved. I might have to look at arranging a meet further up the country, that everyone is informed of.

Ettienne
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 11:39
But not anyone can join, anyone can ask to join, but not everyone's approved. I might have to look at arranging a meet further up the country, that everyone is informed of.

So it's on fb, vpc, voc and I've even rang you twice as I did with most other southerners, what is the problem?

stribo
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 12:15
It wasn't on VPC, you've already said it was only posted on the Facebook page, and as it's a closed group, not everyone can see it. I'll admit I've forgotten to return your missed calls, I just can't see why it can't be posted on the forum as well.

Ettienne
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 12:22
This thread is about the classic car show! Whether your a member of fb group is nothing to do with this or me and the last meet was the same day as the vt meet, so wouldn't have made any difference to you.

I will not post anymore threads up on vpc for southern meets it will just be fb and this shows the exact reason why, it's not worth the hassle doing people the service of posting up information. It is not my job to post up everything on the fab page and tbh this is half the reason this forum has gone to the dogs, threads being polluted with rubbish nothing to do with the original thread, it's absolutely pointless.

stribo
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 12:36
If this forum's that bad why did you make up another user name, to get back on then, you could have stayed on T5D5, or VOC, or VT. ;)

Ettienne
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 12:42
I was allowed back on and I post as much on voc as vpc, mostly I use this forum to buy items or ask if any are available to finish off the restoration of my projects or to sell off unwanted items and then not very often or look at info threads when they used to actually happen.

But tbh I use fb 5 times as much as any forum, again nothing to do with the classic car show thread was about.

stribo
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 13:12
Ah yes, back on topic, I'll be in Shoreham on the 11th having a flight in an stunt plane, and flying it, doubt we'll be there Sunday though.

Ettienne
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 13:20
That would be annoying driving down twice, but if you can make it then that would be great. Not even sure what I'm driving down.

jamesy12345
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 13:24
This thread is about the classic car show! Whether your a member of fb group is nothing to do with this or me and the last meet was the same day as the vt meet, so wouldn't have made any difference to you.

I will not post anymore threads up on vpc for southern meets it will just be fb and this shows the exact reason why, it's not worth the hassle doing people the service of posting up information. It is not my job to post up everything on the fab page and tbh this is half the reason this forum has gone to the dogs, threads being polluted with rubbish nothing to do with the original thread, it's absolutely pointless.

I was allowed back on and I post as much on voc as vpc, mostly I use this forum to buy items or ask if any are available to finish off the restoration of my projects or to sell off unwanted items and then not very often or look at info threads when they used to actually happen.

But tbh I use fb 5 times as much as any forum, again nothing to do with the classic car show thread was about.

A forum is made up (mainly) of it's members. If it has 'gone to the dogs', the only people who can make it better are the same people - members, one of whom is you. If everyone used it for only the things you mention (buying & selling) then there would be little reason for anyone to visit.

Ettienne
Tuesday 30th June 2015, 17:22
It has dropped off over the last 3-4 years or so. I personally find fb better and have put myself out many many times organising southern meets, multiple Dyno days, multiple Merc world meets and multiple Gothenburg trips, all of which don't organise themselves and every time people winge so I don't bother anymore.

I was going to organise some driving around Europe trips covering some of the topgear driving roads but it's just too much of a headache.

Ettienne
Wednesday 8th July 2015, 10:06
Bump this Sunday, should be a few locals going

bunka T5
Sunday 12th July 2015, 19:26
We arrived a tad late, not a single volvo to be seen! Tried to chase after a saffy coupe but just as we got close they pulled off the motorway -_-

Ettienne
Sunday 12th July 2015, 19:31
We arrived a tad late, not a single volvo to be seen! Tried to chase after a saffy coupe but just as we got close they pulled off the motorway -_-

We were defiantly there then as they left a good hour before us (AA nick)

stribo
Sunday 12th July 2015, 19:49
AA Nick wouldn't have needed to use the motorway, he lives down the road.

Ettienne
Sunday 12th July 2015, 20:25
Maybe he was going elsewhere or another common saffron c70 lol

bunka T5
Monday 13th July 2015, 08:45
All I know is they were booting it, we managed to skip and hop past like 20 cars via roundabouts / slip roads by the time we VERY nearly caught up with them on the motorway JUST as they pulled off -_-

MaxTS
Monday 13th July 2015, 10:47
I think the car had graphite wheels and looked fairly standard. I don't think I recognized the car.

The meet was dead when we got there and mostly full of chavved up cars. Must have only been there about 10 mins

Ettienne
Saturday 2nd January 2016, 15:03
Good southern meet today, a very good mixture of cars from old to new, 10 I think I didn't take pics as it was peeing down and my car was filthy.

S70T5Chris
Saturday 2nd January 2016, 15:13
Good southern meet today, a very good mixture of cars from old to new, 10 I think I didn't take pics as it was peeing down and my car was filthy.

Where are these organised? Didn't have a clue

Ettienne
Saturday 2nd January 2016, 15:49
Facebook page, abit last minute though this month.

Ace cafe is on the 23rd but it's full currently, but people are dropping out and being added, March ace cafe tbh is overbooked.

Ettienne
Saturday 2nd January 2016, 16:21
Pretty busy for meets this year, 35 meets in 9 months. I've been organising some of the meets in the south for / in cooperation with Max millsy on VT.

Ettienne
Monday 25th January 2016, 19:07
Wrong thread