PDA

View Full Version : Wishbones v70 t5

Orca2
Wednesday 24th June 2015, 22:28
Does anyone know if the front wishbones for the V70 T5 ( 2002 ) are the same as for an S60 ?.

M-R-P
Thursday 25th June 2015, 19:51
Yes.

Orca2
Thursday 25th June 2015, 22:45
Thanks MRP I fitted the new ones today, and new brake discs and wheel bearings , just the Bilsteins to fit now.

Slight problem is that the abs and traction control lights have come on and the steering wheel is now a couple of degrees off centre when driving in a straight line. I did not touch the track rod ends, so I am assuming that one of my old wishbones has been slightly bent out of shape and someone has compensated by altering the tracking , presumably the new arms are straight and I will have it realigned to bring the steering back to straight.
Am I correct in assuming that there is a steering angle sensor in these cars , which is causing the lights to come on ?

stribo
Thursday 25th June 2015, 23:03
The tracking was probably done with worn wishbones, so TBH couldn't be done properly anyway, as the wishbones would move about with worn bushes, now you have new ones, get a full 4 wheel alignment, and it'll be fine. The t/c light and abs light is on because you've either got crud on one of the reluctor rings, or broken one.

Orca2
Thursday 25th June 2015, 23:11
I replaced both abs rings last year , and they looked fine , I hope I havent nicked a sensor wire? I guess this would come up as a code?

It will be getting a Hunter alignment when the new struts go on , I can live with it for a week or two .

Orca2
Friday 26th June 2015, 19:55
Yaaay sorted, Hadn't torqued up the driveshaft end bolt , result no signal on ABS sensor
What a knob.. ! Just in time too , the car hit 190k this afternoon and is due to take me and MrsO and the wean and the dug to Cornwall at ridiculous O clock tomorrow morning.
It is going like a shell.. Crossed flippers it doesn't explode

Thanks for the input Stribo you were on the right track.