PDA

View Full Version : Turbo removal for replacement/ rebuild

Tee5alive
Friday 12th June 2015, 09:11
Hi knowledgeable peeps

My oils seal are gone on the P2 2001 T5 manual estate I just bought so its going no farther until I have replaced them! Firstly I don't want damage and the bill will pull me for leaving a military smoke screen through town like a Chieftain tank!

SO

are there any threads/vids already on this as its in an awkward place to get to and I haven't attempted this on a T5 before. Any pointers/ things to watch/ springs that leap out etc please? I also want to replace the ETM TPS with a contactless one at the same time as Im getting the standard hunting at idle (revs dropping then surging to 1200 and back) of an old Volvo. I have seen a good video on this caused by carbon and crap build up on the butterfly but the guy doesnt take the turbo out :(

I can go ahead and do it but usually you get a spring fly out from somewhere or something drops out causing loud yells of OH BOTHER and such!:cussing:

many thanks

PS anyone know a garage or space to rent to work in near Wokingham as I have to work out in the road with my legs sticking out :

ta

Tee5alive
Tuesday 23rd June 2015, 23:16
so CHRA removed and immediately the cause of no power/ smoke was found.29237

The oil seals are gone and the turbines are damaged and the bearings feel like they had gravel in them! Uprated CHRA on order then the ETM comes out for mods/polishing and a contactless throttle sensor :)