PDA

View Full Version : New beast is a poorly one.....

Sp00ky
Wednesday 9th February 2005, 17:53
So i was down at a *AHEM* lady friends in Rotherham. Decided to go out in Doncaster with a mate. Picked him up from Swinton, and toodles off to Donny. Left the club at 2.30 am and headed back to drop him off and then head back to Rotherham to the lady.

On the way back, i noticed the water light come on, but the temp was on the half way mark still. I'll top it up at mates i thought. Pulls up outside my mates, and i could smell burning. gets outta the car and pops the bonnet, Smoke and water everywhere !!

Parked it up at my mates to let if cool down, filled it up with water. Tried starting it and my T5 sounds like a Diesel !! WINNER OR WOT !!

Turns out i have blown the head gasket. And the Turbo pipes are full of slush.Hence my lack of pressence since last Thursday.

NOT VERY HAPPY !!

lance
Wednesday 9th February 2005, 18:14
Sorry to hear that , I hope the heads ok!
Have you got a good volvo independent to fix it 4 u.

Sp00ky
Thursday 10th February 2005, 10:34
Sorry to hear that , I hope the heads ok!
Have you got a good volvo independent to fix it 4 u.

yes mate. i have an ex Volvo mechanic whos on it.

the head and turbo are being sent for checking ( the turbo was full of sludge). havent bothered getting the gaskets and bolts just yet, incase the head is actually cracked :eek: :eek:

Bracer
Thursday 10th February 2005, 10:48
Sorry to here that mate !

Any idea why, something must have been wrong for it to go like that !

Sp00ky
Thursday 10th February 2005, 10:51
Sorry to here that mate !

Any idea why, something must have been wrong for it to go like that !

one of the pipes that goes to the turbo had split. the water is just gushing out of it. the annoying thing is, that the temp gauge never went over half GRRRRRRRRRRRR!! otherwise i would have stopped !!

Bracer
Thursday 10th February 2005, 10:53
Dam sound very unlucky to me.

Lets just hope you killed it in time and no major damage has occured.

Sp00ky
Thursday 10th February 2005, 10:55
well, im just hoping against hope that the head isnt cracked. she still starts and drives. but dumps the entire water within 0.05 sec's of starting LOL