PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

Volvosean
Sunday 7th June 2015, 21:19
Have had a air escaping noise when i put my foot down for a while now i changed the main hoses for samco ones with no joy so after having a look at all the vac pipes some seem in bad state cant see any holes or any not connected but are perished. Im looking to change the whole lot for new pipe how much will i need in metres and is the size 4mm and 6mm?

I also diconected one of the vac lines the one that goes onto air intake plastic pipe of turbo and wasnt to much of a increase of the sound of air escaping and the boost gauge was reading the same as before?

Thanks

Volvosean
Sunday 7th June 2015, 21:32
Also when i pull away in first and come of the clutch it engages with a jolt and after going into gear 2 and 3 also i dont think its the clutch as it isnt slipping?

SB1909
Tuesday 9th June 2015, 10:19
Can't help you on vacum pipes, but if they are perished I'd change them. Your jolt have you checked the top engine brace/mount I had that problem on my 850

Volvosean
Tuesday 9th June 2015, 19:02
Yes have recently polybushed it

Orca2
Tuesday 9th June 2015, 19:06
Check the bottom one and the engine mounts, bottom one actually does more than the top for engine stability. My too one is shot to bits ,but it was the bushes in the bottom one that really made a difference.

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 9th June 2015, 20:32
Agreed on bottom mounts.

My driver's side mount had completely disappeared and was just sat on the bolt!

Volvosean
Thursday 11th June 2015, 18:59
Ok thanks for the help will look on the weekend