PDA

View Full Version : D900 Car Universal OBD2 EOBD CAN Fault Code Reader

burgess
Saturday 6th June 2015, 02:26
Does anyone have experience of the D900 Car Universal OBD2 EOBD CAN Fault Code Reader Scanner Diagnostic Scan Tool?

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 6th June 2015, 21:42
Is that one of those 10 quid jobbies from China?

JamesT5
Sunday 7th June 2015, 18:40
Does anyone have experience of the D900 Car Universal OBD2 EOBD CAN Fault Code Reader Scanner Diagnostic Scan Tool?

I have and for a generic code reader it isn't bad at all.

stribo
Sunday 7th June 2015, 19:01
Is that one of those 10 quid jobbies from China?

You mean this one Dave?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U380-OBDII-EOBD-Fault-Code-Reader-Scanner-Tester-OBD2-/281326940330?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41806470aa

I've got one, and it works on all our cars. :D

Wobbly Dave
Monday 8th June 2015, 15:48
I've had 2 - a cheap one and a more expensive one. TBH I can't say I favour either. I bought the more expensive one because it had a better PID rate than the cheap one. Still the TORQUE app is no better on the more expensive one.

kmb
Monday 8th June 2015, 16:00
Just a quick question on these fault code readers, do they allow you to reset and remove the codes after reading?

I quite fancy playing around with the torque app and connectivity with OBD2, but not sure what useful things I will learn, if anything :lol:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 8th June 2015, 16:03
TORQUE will read most things and reset what it can read. It will not do ABS faults and a few other things.

kmb
Monday 8th June 2015, 16:05
Thanks Dave, I think it's got to be worth a few quid having it for peace of mind. I can see my next ebay 'investment' looming.

burgess
Wednesday 10th June 2015, 14:49
Thanks for the responses gents.

I saw the reader on ebay advertized as the Latest 2015 Version Petrol & Diesel comes with a cable, disk, and a zip case.
Free P&P in UK priced at around £16.45.

Seen an alternative scanner, an iProscan Digital Scanner at £39.95, still not an excessive price.

How about wireless and Bluetooth in conjunction with tablet apps.
I've just seen Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) – Android Apps on the web.

kmb
Wednesday 10th June 2015, 16:42
Yesterday I bought the Bluetooth ELM327 for under a fiver, and added the Torque Pro App to my Android phone - here's the thread:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?46602-android-app-quot-torque-quot/page2

Looking forward to having a play, when I get back from France in a month (the dongle turned up in 24h).

jamesy12345
Wednesday 10th June 2015, 17:08
Yesterday I bought the Bluetooth ELM327 for under a fiver, and added the Torque Pro App to my Android phone - here's the thread:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?46602-android-app-quot-torque-quot/page2

Looking forward to having a play, when I get back from France in a month (the dongle turned up in 24h).

I tried one of those & couldn't get it to work with a laptop, cable ones are OK for me cos have no phone that Torque would work on. I got the same code reader as Stribo although never tried it yet.

Orca2
Sunday 21st June 2015, 16:59
Torque is now available for iPhones and iPads I still have t figured out which Bluetooth thingy to buy.

Soulboy
Sunday 21st June 2015, 17:43
I bought a cheap bluetooth item last week and downloaded an app called "dash command" to my iphone.

Does exactly as it says, reads the codes and clears them in a split second, for £12 all in you really can't go wrong.

Plus, used it on my mates Audi this morning, paid for itself already with what garages charge for diagnostics.

burgess
Wednesday 24th June 2015, 18:25
OK, is there a data sheet available anywhere with all the default settings for volvo C70s.
For instance has anyone seen any Snap-on data service sheets?

s40t
Sunday 28th June 2015, 01:04
Just a quick question on these fault code readers, do they allow you to reset and remove the codes after reading?

I quite fancy playing around with the torque app and connectivity with OBD2, but not sure what useful things I will learn, if anything :lol:

I've got one and cannot fault it for the price. I had a d400 I bought from the bay under username mhestore. Pain in the ass don't bother with them I got another d900 2015 else where and it's spot on. Erases codes remembers last codes live data on spark advance O2 sensor reading throttle position intake temp mileage rev speed 19 readings in total etc. comes with a disc but I haven't used. Helped out a lot for me :)

burgess
Saturday 11th July 2015, 12:02
Thanks for all the input gents, now have the D900 not used it yet, the disc only contains two versions on the manual for the D900 and list of vehicles supported.

I would still like to obtain a comprehensive list of the Volvo codes and settings for the C70.

Regards Burgess