PDA

View Full Version : V70R Damaged/Repairable

T5R+
Sunday 27th November 2005, 09:23
I am torn between buying a late model from dealer/other versus finding and repairing a Category D car. If anyone is aware of a salvage V70R, would you please let me know - distance is not an issue.

£15K buys a '03/70K car from a non-franchised dealer. A similar car was recently bought by a volvo dealer against a new p/x @£17K and they have it on their forecourt at £20K - thus, avoid franchised dealers, unless you have deep pockets.

If I happen to fall upon a very late V70, T5 or Diesel in the right colour/specification as a quality repair/salvage, my sensible head would forego the V70R. :slap:

Feel free to comment on my approach - as there are a lot of "wise" people on this forum and the experience/recommendations are excellent(99% of the time).

Andrew
Sunday 27th November 2005, 09:34
Why spend 15k on a car that is going to loose quite a lot of value fairly quickly (see other threads).

Go for a P1 V70R - pick em up for as low as 6250 with 86k on the clock (mine :) and they go like stink :)

Ac.

Mrsmopp
Sunday 27th November 2005, 14:10
Welcome to the forum!!

I have yet to see a V70R come up as salvage/cat D but thats not to say it wont happen. Might be worth exploring some other options too in the meantime tho?

x

Al115
Sunday 27th November 2005, 14:13
I have seen one written off and immediately stripped by the parts vultures!

T5R+
Sunday 27th November 2005, 14:42
Mrsmopp - you picked up that I am new here - impressed! Followed you folks for a while, you know your onions. This is the only forum that I have ever posted to!

Depreciation is very subjective. I tend to keep cars about 5 years and thus, console myself with the fact that even though I will lose out - luckily spread over 5 years, it is easier to swallow.

P1 V70R - excellent car. Had one a few years back, now you know why I still hanker after the same.

Alternatives - I can be persuaded by another V70 T5 (guess what I drive?) or a diesel (there I said it and it is in print) as all the S60 boys/girls love theirs.

Mrsmopp
Sunday 27th November 2005, 14:47
LOL!! What better place to start you posting then the friendliest forum in town (or something like that anyway)

In your shoes I'd be tempted to go with another P1 V70R, however (and I cannot believe I am about to say this) the S60 D5 has really satisified a lot of our hard to please speed freaks who genuinely believed they wouldn't change from a T5 so thats praise indeed for the D5 engine.

I think you should test drive a D5 ;)

x

Al115
Sunday 27th November 2005, 15:01
I think you should test drive a D5 ;)

Ignore her, she's delirious.

Andrew
Sunday 27th November 2005, 15:36
D5 - nah someone has spelt that wrong obviously...

After_Shock
Sunday 27th November 2005, 17:43
At least with the francshised dealers you will get a full Volvo warranty with the car, to supply a 12 month warranty on a V70 R costs the dealer roughly £1200, add that onto the 17k and take out some discount the dealers arent ripping people off much then are they?

Mrsmopp
Sunday 27th November 2005, 19:14
Ignore her, she's delirious.

Did I really say that? I blame the large Sunday fry up for puddling my brain with grease! Normal service is now resumed - Buy a T5 LOL

x

Liddo
Monday 12th December 2005, 16:22
Quite a few here!!!

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=VOLVO&model=V70&variant=V70+R&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=L36+0SB&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

The Blue one looks REALLY nice! Crap wheels though

fraz13
Monday 12th December 2005, 16:25
Wow check all the Gay Gold V70's :jaw:

Common as muck :slap: :haha:

Mrsmopp
Monday 12th December 2005, 16:29
The top Saffron R has been for sale with that trader for months - perhaps one to be wary of....

x

lance
Monday 12th December 2005, 16:38
Im not sure what the red one above it is but if thats an R its a bargain

the_boy
Monday 12th December 2005, 17:49
He's knocked a grand off that laser blue one in the last week or so...

Not that I'm keeping my eye on it :D

weasel
Monday 12th December 2005, 22:48
'Wow check all the Gay Gold V70's Common as muck'
you'd think they'd be cheaper really... ;-)