PDA

View Full Version : A little mod to the v40 today

smithy
Friday 29th May 2015, 19:49
i did a little mod to the v40 today sounds nice too .lots of whooshing and I can here the turbo whistle now too .

Santa
Friday 29th May 2015, 20:45
Cant help but think that effort could have been applied to the real car :p

Nealevo
Friday 29th May 2015, 20:59

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same.....

smithy
Friday 29th May 2015, 21:02
But I did do some work today on the real car too .but when u get nice pressys like the filter then u have to fit it .i like it too looks almost factory

smithy
Friday 29th May 2015, 21:04
Just rebuilding the new ratio axle on the real car at mo .

Jamest5r
Friday 29th May 2015, 21:06

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same.....

Great minds and all that :)

Think a Smithy SOS DIY might be next on the list he needs a garage building so the proper car is local :)

smithy
Friday 29th May 2015, 21:12
I am working on the real car and will post some pics very soon .the ladder frame is in powder coating at mo and then will get pics back up .once all the floor is dried out I will fit hardline fuel pipes in then starting should commence .but in the meantime I like my v40 as my everyday

stribo
Friday 29th May 2015, 21:32
Be fair lads, he's probably had that filter a couple of years, and he's only just got round to fitting it. ;)

smithy
Friday 29th May 2015, 21:46
Be fair lads, he's probably had that filter a couple of years, and he's only just got round to fitting it. ;)
No the filter was a pressy and got it last night and fitted it today .but if it wasn't for jack wanting to fit it .it would of been sitting in the house for ages lol

S40kieran
Sunday 31st May 2015, 17:13
Nice filter sadly had to ditch mine on the diesel as it sounded well awful lol, they sound alright on petrols though :)

smithy
Sunday 31st May 2015, 21:32
Nice filter sadly had to ditch mine on the diesel as it sounded well awful lol, they sound alright on petrols though :)

Yes I agree best to just remap a diesel .but I have to admit I'm liking my v40 because it does everything I need it too .and I drive trucks for a living so petrol head I will be staying lol .

S40kieran
Sunday 31st May 2015, 22:30
Yes I agree best to just remap a diesel .but I have to admit I'm liking my v40 because it does everything I need it too .and I drive trucks for a living so petrol head I will be staying lol .

I wouldn't mind a toy lol maybe if I can get this job and stuff but I might get a m/bike instead get back into that I'm undecided, diesel is handy though especially for towing and also long jaunts to see my family as it's good on fuel.