PDA

View Full Version : performance 3000/ prosport coilovers

Rnash2002
Friday 29th May 2015, 10:18
Ok need help with these from someone who has them fitted or better still fitted them to a volvo.
I cant get the rears to adjust anywhere near the 30mm to 60mm they state on ebay, i have also taken out the adjusters on the rear springs to drop them abit more, am i doing something wrong? do i have to adjust the shock on the rears some how to get the desired drop.

MaxTS
Friday 29th May 2015, 10:28
You are not the only one.

I had removed the adjuster also and was thinking of flipping the shock mount upside down to allow further travel and to drop the height potentially.

Rnash2002
Friday 29th May 2015, 10:33
You are not the only one.

I had removed the adjuster also and was thinking of flipping the shock mount upside down to allow further travel and to drop the height potentially.
Did you get fitting instructions with your set?

c70geoff
Friday 29th May 2015, 10:36
ive got them but on a c70

Rnash2002
Friday 29th May 2015, 10:39
ive got them but on a c70
How do they sit on the c70?

MaxTS
Friday 29th May 2015, 10:48
No I didn't get anything with my kit. I emailed them and they requested a picture but I didn't chase it up

p fandango
Friday 29th May 2015, 10:50
was thinking of flipping the shock mount upside down to allow further travel and to drop the height potentially.
been there done that, I even made a spacer to raise the shock mounting point even higher, & got some shorter springs. In the end tho I bought some race mounts from MPRE, it was a bit too low then so had to extend the shock to get to a happy height

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/suspension/DSCF1432_zpse07fd17b.jpg

Rnash2002
Friday 29th May 2015, 10:51
No I didn't get anything with my kit. I emailed them and they requested a picture but I didn't chase it up
I emailed them for a laugh as i got them with a car i bought, they said this "Hi Russell,

many thanks for your message.

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed at the lack of fitting instructions.

Unfortunately, we do not provide fitting instructions.

Due to health and safety restrictions we cannot provide fitting instructions. Pursuant to the terms of the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977, a disclaimer in respect of personal injury or damage to property is ineffective and cannot limit liability. We cannot therefore provide instructions.

Fitting videos, which are in no way connected to Performance 3000 Limited or any subsidiary or any associated group connected with Performance 3000 Limited, are freely available online.

Whilst I appreciate that this may not be the answer you are looking for we are a limited company and therefore have a duty to limit our legal liability.

Kindest regards *

Very strange lol

MaxTS
Friday 29th May 2015, 11:03
Possibly the most un helpful email.

stribo
Friday 29th May 2015, 17:49
I fitted them on my C70 without the adjusters on the rear, it sits pretty low.

turbotony21
Sunday 9th August 2015, 15:04
i was planning on buyin these same coilovers off ebay for my s70 t5 any pics of the lowest setting on a s70

Nealevo
Sunday 9th August 2015, 15:06
I fitted them to my 855, they were ££££e, so I put them in the bin. No instructions and couldn't lower the rear enough

The Flying Moose
Sunday 9th August 2015, 17:35
I fitted them to my 855, they were ££££e, so I put them in the bin. No instructions and couldn't lower the rear enough

Couldnt agree more with the above, waste of £200. Bouncy, choppy tat.

Afraid with suspension you definately get what you pay for.

Save up buy some decent coil-overs or a good set of shocks and springs.

Ettienne
Sunday 9th August 2015, 19:23
They are crap and the rear you do away with the spring adjuster to get it low

turbotony21
Tuesday 15th September 2015, 23:46
in the end i fitted bilstein shocks allround with vectra koni rear springs and i had a set of tein springs of one of my old cars cant remember which car as have loads of lowering springs that i fitted to the front sits mint and low but teins are far to hard so gonna change them one thing i have noticed on the rear as i have my exhaust off from cat back and now cant get exhaust up over the axle well probably could but be a squeeze so exhaust gettin rerouted

Sweep
Wednesday 16th September 2015, 07:17
£200?! You spent 200 quid on coilovers? What did you expect lol.

Sparkysparks
Wednesday 16th September 2015, 08:08
Which coilovers did you get as i was just about to order some off ebay. Do they physically not fit or are they just not low enough?

MaxTS
Wednesday 16th September 2015, 08:21
I got some from JOM.com when I bought them form my old car

But I wish I just got lowering springs on my old car as these are too stiff to go fast on the roads