PDA

View Full Version : poly bushes s60 d5

D5 Sophie
Monday 25th May 2015, 10:33
Has anyone put polybushes on a s60 d5? Thinking about upgrading mine as I can get them cheap and works out same price as normal bushes. But not sure how it will handle.

p fandango
Monday 25th May 2015, 11:57
whatever you do, don't polybush the top engine stabilizer bar

stutgart69
Monday 25th May 2015, 12:02
I assume that you mean for the suspension arms?
The suspension bushes will make the car handle better (sharper), but I wouldn't use Poly bushes for the top or lower engine mounts on the diesel, as they make the vibration inside the cabin worse.

D5 Sophie
Friday 5th June 2015, 21:22
Ok thank you. Just had to put new shocks on it as they were ,waking everywhere. Handles better. But thinking of slightly lowering her and doing that

LeeT5
Saturday 6th June 2015, 07:38
Just be very careful and think about it.....Alot! before you poly bush your D5. As P Fandango says, don't poly the top engine mount on the stabiliser bar....it will rattle the dash to death.

Also it's worth checking that your Engine mounts (subframe) are working correctly, as they are vacuum operated depending on the engine speed. If any part of the breather system is not working or blocked or any vacuum tubing is split, kinked or just passed it's best, then the vacuum engine mounts won't work as they should. Therefore, engine vibration will be increased and this will have an affect on the rest of the car in terms of cabin vibration and general road noise/driving vibration. If the car has done high miles then I recommend you replace the vacuum operated engine mounts.

My mate did this recently on his high miler D5 and the difference was staggering!! The vibration at idle was virtually Nil! So smooth and just felt refined. I've driven it a couple of times, so I can concur it's worth doing.......BEFORE you do any mods or fit poly bushes. You may find, you won't need the poly bushes after all.