PDA

View Full Version : Not boosting 100%

Sweep
Sunday 24th May 2015, 09:38
Good morning!

I've been noticing lately the T5 has been a bit hit and miss on whether or not it boosts properly. It has a 304 map up its arse of which I'm lead to believe it should reach the very end of the white on the standard boost gauge? We're more often than not getting about 5mm from the end, that's what they do as standard is it not? It's just coming up to 100k and I recently read the boost control solenoid becomes a service item at around 100k, could this be the problem?

Ben.

silverswedemachine
Sunday 24th May 2015, 14:41
I thought it was common practice to by-pass the solenoid, its been a while but pretty sure its a case of leave it plugged in and put the vac pipe from the manifold tree straight to the wastegate, thus bypassing it... Adjust as needed, im sure mine use to go about 2 or 3 needle widths past the end of the gauge, the ecu wont have a problem with this, as long as the solenoid is left plugged in...

Just make sure everything else is good, it might be knocking the boost back for a reason...

Shinsplintz 101
Sunday 24th May 2015, 18:26
Check hoses & van lines for a split. I wouldn't be bypassing the bcs, it's there for a reason. Get a new one or a known good used one & swap in to see if it makes a difference. Good luck. Morgan

Biff
Sunday 24th May 2015, 21:22
No don't bypass the bcs or your rods could go a bit bendy as mine did when mine failed.
I'd be up rating my vac hoses & splashing out £50 on a new bcs.

silverswedemachine
Monday 25th May 2015, 13:52
Funny how times change regarding stuff like this, its been along time since I was on here, considering coming back if I can find a decent car, years ago I followed advice of others and had no problems with it, IF things are set right... Ha-ho...