PDA

View Full Version : V70 T5 auto won't start )-:

Soulboy
Saturday 23rd May 2015, 19:08
Drove some mates to the pub last night, car running perfectly ,parked up and got cab back!

Went to pick car up and it fired first time, idled for a few seconds and cut out, tried to restart and it attempted to start but didn't quite get there.

Now, it was low on fuel so I assumed it was that causing the problem, but when Green Flag arrived he said there was plenty of fuel at the rail and then removed plugs and confirmed there is a spark.

So where to start? Martin suggested crankshaft sensor, any other pointers appreciated!

Damn, just when I started to make the car nice it let's me down )-:

craigoodwood
Saturday 23rd May 2015, 20:30
mine did similar last week and the fuel pump had failed, take the fuel pipe off that goes into the rail and flick the key on and off if nothin comes out it be the pump ;)

jdavis
Saturday 23rd May 2015, 20:50
I'm assuming ignition switch has been ruled out?

Soulboy
Saturday 23rd May 2015, 21:11
I'm assuming ignition switch has been ruled out?

No,he never checked it, how do I test that?

Jamest5r
Saturday 23rd May 2015, 21:55
Does it actually run for a couple of seconds every time or not?

Kingsford G
Saturday 23rd May 2015, 22:08
If the fuel pump working possibly a temperature sensor or MAF,had both causing problems on mine.

Soulboy
Sunday 24th May 2015, 08:45
No, it only started the first time then died a few seconds later, that's why I thought fuel.

Thing is, after turning it over on and off for half hour, shouldn't the plugs have been wet if there was enough fuel?

I'm off to put some in, just incase!

Soulboy
Wednesday 27th May 2015, 16:10
SORTED!

Well after being told there was a spark by the useless Green Flag guy, it turns out there was NO spark.

If I had posted that on here then I'm sure one or more of you knowledgable folk would have pointed towards the coil pack fuse and saved myself time and money.

Many Thanks as always for the useful information and pointers (with the "duff" information I gave) ,next time I may aswell diagnose things myself as rely on people who are paid to do it for a living )-: