PDA

View Full Version : koni fsd's

nottsgreent5
Sunday 17th May 2015, 19:55
Hi all is anyone running fsd's if so what are there thoughts on them

deathrider311271
Sunday 17th May 2015, 20:17
absolute crap mate, i had them for 3 months and got rid upgraded to koni yellows with Eibach springs

nottsgreent5
Sunday 17th May 2015, 20:25
Are they that bad compared to standard shocks they come with ebach springs if that makes any difference

deathrider311271
Sunday 17th May 2015, 20:55
they maybe ok with standard springs, but with Eibachs they tend to bounce round corners when doing anything but slow speeds, i found they crash and banged really badly, they definatly are not an upgrade bud

MoleT-5R
Sunday 17th May 2015, 21:11
they maybe ok with standard springs, but with Eibachs they tend to bounce round corners when doing anything but slow speeds, i found they crash and banged really badly, they definatly are not an upgrade bud

Well I'm just about to find out as I have a set in the boot of the Gul for fitting this week, so I'll get back with some feed back once there on this week

Nealevo
Sunday 17th May 2015, 21:50
That's strange advice as I had this exact setup and I was very impressed, it will never be a track car, even though I had done a few track days on them, but in normal spirited driving they coped very well, never had any crashing or bouncy ride everything was new. I would still have them now if I hadn't gone with BC coilovers, I'm sure everyone has differing opinions and different level of experience, as everyone expects updated suspension to be 'sporty' it's not! they are a great upgrade for standard specs damping with slightly lower ride height.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 17th May 2015, 21:56
looking forward to getting them fitted this week, been dragging my heels a bit on these, should have been done ages ago..

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 17th May 2015, 22:14
I had a set of Koni FSD with Eibach springs basically from box to bin. I thought they were very progressive for a fast road set-up, but perhaps not stiff enough for track days?

jamesy12345
Sunday 17th May 2015, 23:07
I had a similar experience to Deathrider & changed FSDs to Bilstein B6 (with Eibach springs), so can't recommend them although tbf the FSD were maybe past their best. B6's seem to work well though.

Orca2
Sunday 17th May 2015, 23:16
I am just about to change the front struts on my 2002 v70 T5 , i have some 40mm lowering springs ( lesjofors ) on their way from Polak T5, when I search for Bilstein struts to suit , they seem to be showing B8's as the most suitable for lowering springs.

Does anyone know of this is correct ?

And if so , where should I order them , Pfv Seem to only have the rear shocks.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 18th May 2015, 08:36
I run Bilsteins - and they are pretty awesome. (had them since 2009).

nottsgreent5
Monday 18th May 2015, 18:03
Cheers for all the advice think ill give them ago and see how they are can't be any worse than nearly 20 year old shocks n springs and im going to get a very good deal on them with some ipd arb's lol

AshDVS
Tuesday 19th May 2015, 14:05
If you have standard springs in the car they'll be fine. They're not ideal for more spring rate and lower ride heights though.

nottsgreent5
Sunday 31st May 2015, 20:35
Thought id update the thread ive been driving on these all week and they are a million times better than old shocks and springs and corners really flat not sure if thats the ipd rear sway bar only thing ive noticed is there a little bumpy on certain surfaces but in genral a massive improvment

Nealevo
Sunday 31st May 2015, 21:05
Glad you are getting on with them, I really only struggled with mine when I was on a track, on the road I could fault them.

nottsgreent5
Monday 1st June 2015, 07:38
Doubt mines ever going to see a track so i think ill stick with them for the time being

kmb
Monday 1st June 2015, 10:05
Also this £250 full suspension deal at the moment, which I mentioned in another thread:

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=7655

Wonder if it is worth buying as a refresh on my 850 T5?

weagie
Tuesday 16th June 2015, 18:46
I have the pfv kit you mention and to be honest I didn't find them any better than the standard shocks I replaced. Still got loads of roll and just don't feel that good in corners even at low speed and I've already had to replace the rears after just a year. That's just my experience of them though and I wouldn't get them again but I was on a budget at that point. Next time I'm going koni or coilovers.

kmb
Tuesday 16th June 2015, 18:51
Thanks Weagie - I'm thinking that's probably a fair review and I would like something a little firmer and lower than standard, but on a small budget. Think I'll hold fire for someone breaking a car with recent shocks/springs :)

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 16th June 2015, 19:12
I think the fsd's and eibach work well on the 850 ive got a ipd rear bar aswell i cant really compare the set up to anything else bar standard but the difference is night n day rides alot more like a modern car