PDA

View Full Version : S60r clutch options

Markyb
Wednesday 13th May 2015, 18:24
Good evening, my clutch on my 53 plate s60r has started to slip occasionally, slowly getting worse, it was always rough changing into second first thing in a morning, coming up to 90,000 miles, car has a stage one map on it, will eventually go for a sports cat downpipe, searched lots of posts and still can't decide whether to go with standard clutch, dmf and master cylinder, or to go with don's clutch and single flywheel conversion.
And does anybody have any recommendations for fitting in the Derby/notts area.
Thanks

Harvey
Wednesday 13th May 2015, 18:47
The important thing is how do you drive the car and is it still around 330bhp or are you looking to get some bigger numbers.

Santa
Wednesday 13th May 2015, 19:09
I use a Spec 3+ clutch and SMF in mine, it does sacrifice in traffic comfort though.

Markyb
Wednesday 13th May 2015, 20:36
Not really chasing any numbers, I only use it for a small commute to work Monday to Friday, and the occasional weekly shop, cover less than 5,000 miles a year in it, there is a bit of hill traffic queuing on occasion, but I am slowly putting some money into keeping the car mechanically sound, once I had done the stage 0 and 4 wheel drive fixed before the stage one, I'm thinking that it will be suspension struts that will need replacing next before I get the block shimmed, once the clutch is sorted. Not in any great rush, had it 2 years already, just trying to do things for long term to hold the value of the car.
More worried about labour costs and keeping them under control

Redbrick
Thursday 14th May 2015, 10:59
Kalmar Union AP clutch and flywheel kit fitted by Tim Williams when he does your block shim, would save £££'s in labour costs and with the added benefit of feeling like a standard clutch.

http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-s60_s80_xc70_v70_-transmission/

Markyb
Thursday 14th May 2015, 16:42
I had read that Tim did the shim mod, did not know he can do clutch, interesting, looks like I will be hunting for his contact details, I know he's mega busy by what I've read on forums

Redbrick
Thursday 14th May 2015, 22:05
I had read that Tim did the shim mod, did not know he can do clutch, interesting, looks like I will be hunting for his contact details, I know he's mega busy by what I've read on forums

He's done several clutches for me and re-builds (just don't tell the Wife). Drop me a PM and I'll give you his number. AP clutch and flywheel being run by a few that I know of. Really is a superb bit of kit, it's a shame to have to hide it away.

Markyb
Friday 15th May 2015, 18:20
Ok thanks, I've sent him a pm on t5d5, tho he did just post he is having a few days off, so will see if I hear anything by the end of next week

S70T5Chris
Friday 15th May 2015, 18:22
It may be the following week mate, a group of us are heading to the Nurburgring on Monday. So he's pretty much out of it for a week and a bit.

Markyb
Thursday 28th May 2015, 18:49
Finally ordered it, along with downpipe......... Just waiting for Tim to get back to me on having it fitted, soon hopefully

Markyb
Sunday 7th June 2015, 11:41
All fitted, old clutch was quite exceptionally worn, almost completely smooth, Tim is quite simply fantastic, car will only be going to him from now on, had a good chat about what's next for my car, fortunately car seems mechanically not too bad, definitely needs that old cat back exhaust removing now, drones a bit with the ferrita downpipe on