PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 wagon no boost

jakeebbon
Tuesday 12th May 2015, 14:18
Hi ive recently been renovating my old t5 she runs and drives pretty good but not getting any boost i was thinking i could have a hose leak or the wastegate is knackered

whats your thoughts?

cheers jake

kmb
Tuesday 12th May 2015, 14:22
I'd start with replacing the vacuum pipes to turbo control valve, there are three of them. Mine were original and in pretty poor condition, or could be your control valve. Intercooler to turbo pipes also worth checking.

Take a look in here, might help:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?44730-Which-BCS

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 12th May 2015, 19:00
Ive just got to the bottom of my what i thought was a boost leak after changing my cooler which was split and leaking at the seams i still had very little boost so to speak but it turned out to be my ht leads were rotten and falling apart 28 quid latter the cars back to its best

jakeebbon
Wednesday 13th May 2015, 14:38
checked all of the vaccum pipes seem to be in good condition one was disconnected so i reconnected it...intercooler to turbo pipes look good too...might be a leak in the cooler i guess

Saaamon
Wednesday 13th May 2015, 15:32
Describe "no boost" please?

kmb
Wednesday 13th May 2015, 17:18
checked all of the vaccum pipes seem to be in good condition one was disconnected so i reconnected it...intercooler to turbo pipes look good too...might be a leak in the cooler i guess

Could be a knackered BCS and the person was running an MBC instead? Or maybe an actuator problem with wastegate always open... In fairness could be a huge list of things.

jakeebbon
Sunday 17th May 2015, 14:21
Maf sensor was knackered trying to find one to buy is a nightmare are their any other models that have the same sensor that i could use?