PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Decisions decisions! Key doesn't turn in ignition :(

RichT4
Sunday 10th May 2015, 12:36
Some of you may be aware of the issues i have facing me regarding my Ex plod T5 V70.

In quick succession i've had wishbones snap, Driveshaft snapped, fuel line split and now the Ignition Barrel is now playing up.
I am at my wits end and no longer have the money until i next get paid to sort out the issues i have.

My key can no longer turn at all in the ignition, it was temperamental up until this morning, thankfully the car is on my driveway.

I've heard of a common fault where a shard of metal gets in the way of the key and stops the key from moving anywhere but in and out.
How easy is the fix for this? and how much is it likely to cost?

I'm rapidly losing faith in this car, and with the list of other things that need doing i don't know whether its worth breaking the car for parts or fixing!

Please help and advise!!

S40kieran
Sunday 10th May 2015, 13:36
Depends on how much you like the car doesn't it rich.

Santa
Sunday 10th May 2015, 16:26
I don't know about the key barrel issue and hopefully someone will be along shortly, as for keeping or getting rid, unfortunately its a personal decision. What would you consider getting if you got rid? (Might help you make up your mind?)

RichT4
Sunday 10th May 2015, 17:41
After more investigation about the key barrel i have managed to bypass it with help from my friends.
I think i need a replacement barrel itself in order to square this problem away.

At least the car is useable for now, my faith in the V70 has been restored for now after being taken out in my mates 850 T5R.
hopefully now i can relax with it and take the issues as they go.
Just had a moment of insanity.