PDA

View Full Version : Is ECC meant to heat up straight away?

Babybadger
Wednesday 9th February 2005, 09:50
Is the ECC meant to start heating the car straight away on a cold morning or does it take some time like mine does to heat up the cabin. Once up and running it stays at the temperature, but I thought ECC was meant to start up warm immediately?

chriskay
Wednesday 9th February 2005, 11:50
Well, it can't deliver heat until the engine gets warm, can it? Mine usually takes about 1/4 mile before the blower comes on & is fully up to temp. (about 25 Deg.) after a mile. At least you've got heated seats I expect, which takes the edge off.
Cheers, Chris.

Babybadger
Wednesday 9th February 2005, 14:24
No heated seats on mine, its a Saudi spec model , bit warm there for heated seats, I guess it would feel like you had p***ed yourself after ten minutes......

I say about heating up immediately because some ECC's on cars have heaters that run direct from the alternator/battery until the car starts to warm up. I seem to remember my old co. Pug 406 did this from cold, it was the only way to shift the ice of the windows in winter while watching from inside the house.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 9th February 2005, 14:28
My heaters dont blow hot until she is warm....Thank the lord for heather leather LOL

x

Babybadger
Thursday 10th February 2005, 00:23
Thanks for that Mrsmopp, I take it you like that moist feeling

Mrsmopp
Thursday 10th February 2005, 10:01
LMSO!!! I couldn't possibly answer that on a public forum!!

x