PDA

View Full Version : My Black C70 T5's future.

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 19:55
After only doing 1,100 miles between the last 2 MOT's I decided to use her more. Forgot just how good these cars are, and I really enjoyed the drive down to the Shrops/Mid Wales meet last Sunday. Also used her for work yesterday and another 120 miles or so. Anyway, as some peeps know, her bodywork needs some TLC and after a lengthy chat with Big G, a full respray seems to be the only way forward.

He came back to me very quickly with a very reasonable quote, and after much thought, I'm going for it in July or so. Respray, cam belt and rear BC's refitting is the list, after which I will have one beautiful C70 again. May be worth peanuts, but worth a whole lot more to me so I think I'm doing right by her....................

Nealevo
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 20:00
Good on you, my respray cost more than the car, but I think it was money well spent, (well in my head)

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 20:05
This work is going to cost more than I paid for the car 3 years ago, and that's why I really had to think about it. She drives so well and keeps coming though her MOT's with minimal problems, I'd be silly not to plough some more money into her.

I need to have a better look at your Audi the next time that I see you as she looks very nice.

stribo
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 20:14
After only doing 1,100 miles between the last 2 MOT's I decided to use her more. Forgot just how good these cars are, and I really enjoyed the drive down to the Shrops/Mid Wales meet last Sunday. Also used her for work yesterday and another 120 miles or so. Anyway, as some peeps know, her bodywork needs some TLC and after a lengthy chat with Big G, a full respray seems to be the only way forward.

He came back to me very quickly with a very reasonable quote, and after much thought, I'm going for it in July or so. Respray, cam belt and rear BC's refitting is the list, after which I will have one beautiful C70 again. May be worth peanuts, but worth a whole lot more to me so I think I'm doing right by her....................

If your having a respray, you may as well go for gay gold. ;)

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 20:20
TBH, I have thought about a colour change, and I don't mean my hair! To go saffy would be awesome, and then I would finally have the colour that I've always wanted. Let you know what I decide to do............

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 20:23
Lol, I've asked G about going saffy!!!!!!!!

AcidicDavey
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 20:36
A shiny car is a pretty car I say, nice one ;)

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 20:39
A shiny car is a pretty car I say, nice one ;)

You'd know looking at your awesome machine.

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 20:46
She'll be staying Black, cos as to be expected the colour change would add considerably to the price with all the extra work.

AcidicDavey
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 21:07
TBH, as much as I like a Saffy (and I really do!), Black is nice too, a bit more exclusive and all?

Really, my car would benefit from seeing the end of a spray gun, something I doubt will happen.

foammanmark
Saturday 2nd May 2015, 21:10
TBH, as much as I like a Saffy (and I really do!), Black is nice too, a bit more exclusive and all?

Really, my car would benefit from seeing the end of a spray gun, something I doubt will happen.

I love the Black, and with the projectors and rear tints, it's a nice package. It's just that I've always wanted a saffy, but maybe one day I will have one...........but one that was originally a saffy.

foammanmark
Sunday 3rd May 2015, 19:19
My mrs has been away since Friday, but sort of gave me the thumbs up for spending money on the C70, but she will be Home soon and I will mention it again to her. Mainly my mileage money that will pay for it anyway...................

Biff
Sunday 3rd May 2015, 20:37
Keep it black Mark. I like the look of it, it looks mean.
As for spending on it, you never know in a few years it might be worth more. Manual t5's are a rare thing.

foammanmark
Sunday 3rd May 2015, 20:58
Cheers Biff. Pity it's not a GT rather just a T5, but she is an awesome driving car.

foammanmark
Sunday 24th May 2015, 20:42
Been out in the C70 today with the Mrs, and we decided that the ride quality as she is, and the car's stance isn't too bad really, so it's just the respray and timing belt that shall be done come July. Can't wait tbh...............

abdul
Sunday 24th May 2015, 23:50
How much is it going to cost

foammanmark
Monday 25th May 2015, 14:42
How much is it going to cost

Got a very decent quote off GRN, but it's obviously more than the car is worth, hence the need to think it over. I don't want her to be broken as she's far too good for that.

foammanmark
Wednesday 1st July 2015, 20:11
So my C70 T5 is booked in at GRN for the cambelt change, a good service and that intermittent starting fault checking out. Taking her down on the 18th of this month, and then if she's pretty sorted after that work, it's save the pennies for the full respray hopefully later this year.

I've not been able to get the history for the car off the previous owner and I've done 20k miles in her, so changing the belt I think is the best option.

C70 GTT5
Thursday 2nd July 2015, 00:51
sounds like a great idea mark better to be safe than sorry, best colour too!

have you any quotes for a full respray yet?

polished and waxed mine over the last two days and had two people comment in the street, on both occasions the bloke/woman said its got a lot of stone chips :(

that's the trouble with living in the sticks!

foammanmark
Thursday 2nd July 2015, 16:45
sounds like a great idea mark better to be safe than sorry, best colour too!

have you any quotes for a full respray yet?

polished and waxed mine over the last two days and had two people comment in the street, on both occasions the bloke/woman said its got a lot of stone chips :(

that's the trouble with living in the sticks!

Yeah, GRN have given me a very good quote and I've seen the quality of their work, so that's where she's going.

I had to drive on a road that had just had its's Summer coat of chippings the other day, and they were bouncing off my car which was bad enough as I drove along, but a lot worse when a vehicle went the other way. Luckily, I was only in the Alfa at the time......