PDA

View Full Version : So just collected a bike from Aberdeen in the 850R

bonnietiler
Thursday 30th April 2015, 22:21
It happened that bloke needed cash and bike moved so I left this AM at 04.30 got to Aberdeen (370miles) at 11.30 loaded the Norton Rotary onto the trailer and after a quick cup of coffee was back on the road got home at 20.30 car did 30mpg towing a 500lb bike but more impressively I have never felt as fresh after 14 hours driving and over 700 miles in one go.
I'm impressed, even the duff back wasn't too bad.
Good car

Orca2
Thursday 30th April 2015, 22:25
Volvo seats are the best , I drove from Glasgow to Cornwall in one go, and stepped out as fresh as a daisy at the other end , Thongy used to call his S 60 Mr Sofa it was so comfortable.
I wish I had known about them bloody years ago ,

Doingitsideways
Friday 1st May 2015, 10:32
Agreed, Volvo seats are the best in the business.

I did Manchester to Lands End and back in one hit in the S80.
Back was fine and I wasn't even really all that tired

Any more than half an hour or so in the Work's Transit and I walk like I've been dry bummed by a big bloke called Bubba!

Biff
Friday 1st May 2015, 10:52
Actually looking forward to my drive to Devon next week for the swedish show & our hols.
I suffer from a bad back after breaking it in 2 seperate places & to be honest I've never suffered ith my Volvo's.

Bones
Friday 1st May 2015, 12:15
Should have said, I'm in Aberdeen, your coffee would have been free!lol

I regularly do Aberdeen to Otley and back in one go, same distance as you pretty much and the T5 is a comfy old bus to do it in.

jamesy12345
Friday 1st May 2015, 13:48
Got as far as Inverness in the V70R ('98 model, now sold on), really comfy seats, I've had comments from passengers on how good they are

What kind of bike was it, just out of interest

Biff
Friday 1st May 2015, 13:54
Got as far as Inverness in the V70R ('98 model, now sold on), really comfy seats, I've had comments from passengers on how good they are

What kind of bike was it, just out of interest

Norton Rotary Mate.. :)

jamesy12345
Friday 1st May 2015, 14:01
Norton Rotary Mate.. :)

http://racem.org/wp-content/uploads/parser/Norton-rotary-2.jpg

doh cheers! Missed it when I read first time, thought it must have been something special to drive all that way

bonnietiler
Friday 1st May 2015, 14:55
Ah yes...mine isn't an F1 I have a air-cooled Classic.
I'll take a photo and print it
Cheers
Bonnietiler