PDA

View Full Version : V40 t4 help.....

NIKOLA11
Monday 27th April 2015, 19:48
Have a 1991 v40 t4. Was running perfect then the engine light came on + now i have codes galore and dont know where to start...

Sometimes the car starts fine but still the idle is very poor and stalls at low revs + have engine light on with following codes:

Turbo boost pressure sensor
air flow sensor
camshaft sensor
coolant sensor
rpm sensor

other times it starts very badly and then the dsa light comes on as well along with the fan + it drives even worse + idle is really bad + it stalls even more....!!

Have already done the camshaft sensor and it runs slightly better but still getting all of the above.

So does anyone know where i should start - surely all of the above cannot be faulty + garage are now suggesting replace the cvvt pulley but the more i read the more i am not sure this is the way to go....

Anyone had this before - just dont know what to do and garage dont either - so it is a process of elimination thing but where do i start.....???

Sorry for caps - any advice would be lovely......

Thanks.

jamesy12345
Monday 27th April 2015, 20:34
:welcome:

Maybe if you give your location someone could recommend a decent garage....

If it was my car I would start with/try a known good MAF from someone else's car, as it is an easy swap!

NIKOLA11
Monday 27th April 2015, 21:09
Thanks Jamesy.
I am in west London.

JUDGENINJA
Monday 27th April 2015, 21:18
Does it start badly, then get better as the car warms up? If so MAF. Your welcome to pop to Guildford and try mine to check..