PDA

View Full Version : turbo blanking plate

daddy
Friday 25th November 2005, 11:24
can any one help, ive just been on ebay and seen a blanking plate for the turbo which apparently you need if you fit a dump valve. i've already got a bailey dump valve and fitting kit on the car. any advice?

fraz13
Friday 25th November 2005, 11:32
You dont NEED a blanking plate....

If you use one it means the DV is doing all the dumping, if you dont then it dumps in 2 places making the atmospheric DV seem quieter

A blanked mine off but only coz a wanted the DV to be loud but since a fitted a new air filter is drowns the DV out

Oh and btw :welcome:

daddy
Friday 25th November 2005, 16:48
thanks for that. i'd like the dv to sound louder as i've invested in baileys new dv with the trumpet. i have also got a k&n panel filter cause i heard the cone sucked in to much hot air from the engine thus affecting performance.

fraz13
Friday 25th November 2005, 18:17
Av yet to notice a performance loss but its probably correct

As for the blanking plate, a took off ma recirc DV, put it on a bench on top of a piece of sheet metal, marked the shape and holes, cut and drilled, stuck the plate on the turbo with the recirc DV on top and tightened the nuts

Connected the atmospheric DV up to the original pipe and job done

Works well for me ;)

daddy
Sunday 27th November 2005, 12:30
cheers going to get it done this week.

gdogg16
Monday 28th November 2005, 03:53
You can also just install a inline check valve on the CBV. The blocking plate is the best way to go IMO and cake to make.
http://www.gktuning.com/miscpics/DSCN1839.JPG

siamblue
Monday 28th November 2005, 10:24
Greeg you have a wee ghosty in your blanking plate :jaw:

daddy
Friday 2nd December 2005, 16:51
well it was raining but the blanking plate on, with the bonnet up it is loud. bonnet down and it is slightly drowned out my custom made twin stainless steel exhaust system - which does sound nice. would recommend to anyone. thanks again for advice.

craig
Sunday 4th December 2005, 21:24
someone corect me if im wrong but cant you just pull the pipe off the original dump valve and that will act as a blanking plate anyway cos it wont dump without the vac pipe connected and just put a gutter bolt in the end of the pipe (feel free to take the p*ss hamish)