PDA

View Full Version : V70 Headlights

rgracin
Friday 25th November 2005, 10:31
Already asked this question, but posted in the wrong section.

Is there a manual way to adjust the headlight level on a 2001 V70 T5 with the electric height adjustment? The light spread currently cuts very short even with the switch on the highest setting.

I've found the left to right adjustment, but there must be an up and down one, sureley?

HELP. I'm getting fed up of tootling around when it's dark!

Thanks

R

siamblue
Friday 25th November 2005, 10:40
Hi Your best bet is to take it to a mot station ask them to adjust them as it has to be spot on, probably be around £5- £10.

There is a adjuster one at the back of the headlamp and one oon the top.

rgracin
Friday 25th November 2005, 16:33
How easy is it to get to the adjuster on the back and where in relation to the light is it (left,right top,middle or bottom)??

I just want to adjust slightly for the time being. No need to pay a garage. If it's done when dark, you can easlily see if it will dazzle oncoming vehicles.

siamblue
Friday 25th November 2005, 17:50
It's attatched to the headlamp assembly you can't miss it mate one is on the top and the other is at the back of it.

Engineer
Friday 25th November 2005, 18:05
It's attatched to the headlamp assembly you can't miss it mate one is on the top and the other is at the back of it.Maybe its not the headlights, perhaps glasses of another kind are required? :slap:
Only joking good luck with your adjustment.

rgracin
Friday 25th November 2005, 23:43
You could be right!!

Although, in my defence, I was looking in the dark, so that I could see what effect the adjustment would have (if I could find it).

I'll have another look in the light.