PDA

View Full Version : 850R Nivomats...Dear aren't they...??

bonnietiler
Monday 13th April 2015, 14:31
So I've checked and I can get them £680 a pair...yes...interesting...I did swallow a bit...
But how much would a changeover kit cost using a premium shock?
Couple of Bilsteins probably best part of £200 then the adaptors and the springs..£350 maybe?
Are the Nivomats worth it that is my question
What would you do?
Answers please, is the only advantage that they are self-levelling?
Cheers
Bonnietiler

Goldmember
Monday 13th April 2015, 15:13
Hi,
I'm not sure about 850's but hope this is of some help . Is the 850R 2WD or AWD?
I have had 2 V70s , both with Nivomats.
My 2.5t was 2WD and had Nivomats. When I bought the car it was like driving a bed ..they were sagging , so I replaced them with OE spec Bilsteins ( didn't want to lower it ) and accompanying springs from Partsforvolvo ( £350 ish - cant quite remember ) My mechanically minded friend and I fitted them in 1 evening and they were brilliant! Transformed the car back to the way it should be and was a joy to drive!
My V70R that I have now is a different matter . Again it is quite soft ( imo compared to the newly sprung 2.5t ) but being AWD there is no replacement Strut and spring equivalent! IMO £680 a pair is half the value of the car and hard for me to swallow! Yes coilovers are over £1000 for the 4 but I don't have that disposable income, so I guess when the time comes it'll have to be replacement Nivomats and maybe 2 front OE shocks.
Hope that's of some help,
Steve

charlesboya
Monday 13th April 2015, 19:27
I have some nivomats for sale in reasonable nick, can send you pics if you want to have a look.