PDA

View Full Version : V70R air intake tips

Harry T4
Saturday 11th April 2015, 21:04
Alright folks,

Any top tips on air filters or any recommendations for filters?

Also are the 3" air filter to turbo hoses a good investment?

Thanks

foammanmark
Saturday 11th April 2015, 21:05
I like the BSR Optiflow kit myself. Awesome sound and looks good.

Santa
Saturday 11th April 2015, 21:24
I use the elevate AMS with race filter

http://www.elevatecars.com/node/352

Its a nice bit of kit but found my enclosure starting to split after a few years

Craigtange
Monday 13th April 2015, 00:43
i use the elevate also, and i got a G.W.E intake pipe, not sure if he is still making them though.

LeeT5
Wednesday 15th April 2015, 08:21
I'm selling my AMS system it comes with a brand new blue cotton filter from Jetex (only fitted to the car for 2 months and NOT oiled).
For the record, they do crack in certain places, more split than crack! However, I stripped mine bare and had all the splits professionally repaired by a sign writing company using resins and glues not available to the public. They did an incredible job and now it is much stronger than before. AFAIK, it's better than new!
I then primed, painted and rebadged it as well as fitting new rubber seal.

Not sure how much I want for it, but if you visit the Elevate site you can certainly make me an offer, bearing in mind that I will have saved you nearly £80 in shipping and import tax.

Incredible induction noise and looks great too!
Have a look in my project thread and you'll find a video of it on my car and the noise on cold start :)

T5RatherAmusin
Wednesday 15th April 2015, 12:56
The elevate ams are available in the UK with jwr racing

Your be best off with the likes of a pipercross filter in the Airbox. Do88 run a 3.25" intake pipe. And if you wanted maybe to another cold feed under the Airbus to the fog grill...