PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Radio for £250

Assasin
Thursday 24th November 2005, 22:43
I wondered what people would recomend radio wise for the volvo, the speakers are all sorted i just wanna nice head unit now...

Ebay is full of bargins... and i know a company well on there that does quality refurbs with warranty (bought from them before)

Thoughts guys?

This looks nice for £230 ?

http://products.sony.co.uk/uploads/cdx-nc9950.jpg
http://www.bestekeus.nl/shop/images/CDXNC9950.jpg

fraz13
Friday 25th November 2005, 00:07
Alpine all the way mate....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/b_cda9855r.jpg

£279 and it could be yours....

JUDGENINJA
Friday 25th November 2005, 02:38
My mates are running around with the Kenwood G-meter stereos.... then trying to go round corners to pull the most G... it's not big or clever...it is fun though.....
Halfords deal was £400 now £200

lil_me
Friday 25th November 2005, 17:52
JVC all the way for me, careful with ones off ebay, lots of imports without warranties, and lots of stolen ones, there are some genuine ones but be careful know a few been ripped off

MattE
Friday 25th November 2005, 18:39
Alpine all the way mate....

Gotta agree...

mulletboy2
Friday 25th November 2005, 19:53
If you can wait a while, keep an eye out on www.caraudiodirect.co.uk - they /might/ be doing a selection of Christmas bargains.

Goof
Friday 25th November 2005, 21:17
Buy a Volvo Premium 6 CD system for £2000 and get a free 854 T5!!! ;)

mulletboy2
Friday 25th November 2005, 22:04
Buy a Volvo Premium 6 CD system for £2000 and get a free 854 T5!!! ;)
PMSL :lol: :D

deerworrier
Saturday 26th November 2005, 01:33
all down to personal taste, you could argue all day about range and speaker combos, but its just what works for you.

that said its clarion for me, the older stuff cant be overlooked i've got an arx8570rx fitted at the mo...with a mac audio amp and i aint complaining, they also drive the standard volvo speakers which i think are some of the best standered speakers fitted to cars(that said i may upgrade soon)

Assasin
Saturday 26th November 2005, 01:38
Nice to see what people have in there cars, no-one has realy mentioned clarion yet, will have a look though.

What else is everyone running?

This is becoming an obsession lol after someon saying that the jbls are cack i bought some infinity's...

Note to oneself ( stop buying sh*t from ebay)

Have bought a nice alarm though, clifford that does allsorts of stuff...

mulletboy2
Saturday 26th November 2005, 11:48
I'll be running a JDM Pioneer headunit/processor that isn't available over here, Genesis amps and Hybrid Audio Technologies speakers. Install should be finished some time, although probably not any time soon :lol:

Have been through many high end setups, and always found Pioneer to offer the best value for money when it comes to sound quality, although that's only on their higher end stuff... the lower end stuff isn't so great. Amps - well, you can't really go wrong with Genesis - great sound, excellent customer service, and speakers - well, these are the most important aspect to a system, so make sure you pick ones you've heard and like.

Cheers

Mark