PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your tyres from?

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 5th April 2015, 13:29
I've been searching the interweb for tyres recently. The choices are:
1. Buy tyres, pay someone to fit them
2. Go to tyre shop and pay for the full package.

I see a lot of people these days going for the first option, however looking at fitment charges and disposal charges it doesn't make them that much cheaper.

So I have EBay, blackcircles, gumtree for tyres.
Or just go to Citytyres,ATS, independent etc

Where would you choose bearing in mind I'm currently looking at £1000+ for a decent set of tyres.

V70 Graham
Sunday 5th April 2015, 13:34
I swear by 'Southall Tyres' Wayne, never been anywhere else in 30+ years of driving, family run company who's prices you'll find hard to beat....if you pay cash you get the best deals, let me know if you want their number, can't hurt to call them.

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 5th April 2015, 13:34
I've just checked blackcircles and I didn't realise they do fitting at some main dealers.
Latest price is £540 fitted.

jamesy12345
Sunday 5th April 2015, 13:42
I just got some from Blackcircles...they did have an offer on where you got shell points when buying certain brands of tyres. I get my tyres delivered then get them fitted at either one of a couple of local garages...neither of which are dedicated tyre places & don't charge much.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 5th April 2015, 13:58
Even though I'm in the middle of nowhere in mid wales, I'm fortunate enough to have the area tyre wholesaler just 1/2 a mile across the valley and have a n account with them, I used to buy them wholesale and fit them myself, but my equipment is not good enough for the alloys I now use, so I buy them wholesale and take them to a local fitter for mounting etc. I will be upgrading my equipment shortly and start saving the fitting costs again....:)

foammanmark
Sunday 5th April 2015, 14:05
Even though I'm in the middle of nowhere in mid wales, I'm fortunate enough to have the area tyre wholesaler just 1/2 a mile across the valley and have a n account with them, I used to buy them wholesale and fit them myself, but my equipment is not good enough for the alloys I now use, so I buy them wholesale and take them to a local fitter for mounting etc. I will be upgrading my equipment shortly and start saving the fitting costs again....:)

Sounds good, and we could have a tyre fitting meet at your's where we all muck in?

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 5th April 2015, 14:10
Found mytyres.co.uk Vredestein's are £610 fitted.

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 5th April 2015, 14:10
Sounds good, and we could have a tyre fitting meet at your's where we all muck in?

It used to be my old job about 15yrs ago... It's not that exciting thing to do..!

T5frankie
Sunday 5th April 2015, 14:14
EBay then take them to local tyre fitter ended up being 17 quid a Tyre cheaper fitted, than using the same Tyre place to supply and fit.

Nealevo
Sunday 5th April 2015, 14:36
what size are you after wayne? i may be able to assist as long as you like Pirelli!!!

S70T5Chris
Sunday 5th April 2015, 14:44
Oponeo, tyre leader, or camskill online. Then just fund a local guy to fit. What size you after?

The Flying Moose
Sunday 5th April 2015, 16:10
Started using formula 1 . Always seem to have the best price on brands like eagle f1

Redbrick
Sunday 5th April 2015, 16:17
+1 with Chris

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/

is another. Best to check them all as one isn't always cheaper than another. Price can change one day to the next. All seem to come from Netherlands, Germany, Poland so fresh European stock delivered in a 2-5 days.

£10 cash per tyre to fit and balance at my local place that also has a compressor man enough to pop out RS-R's, the only one in town. Cash works. Don't even bother asking ££££-fit; against company policy.

Gold 'N' Brown
Sunday 5th April 2015, 16:37
In the past I've used Blackcircles and Mytyres. But last time I ordered from Camskill as they had tge best prices so all I had to organise was fitting. Luckily I was getting the alloys refurbed so got the tyres thrown on at the same time. Otherwise the cost of fitting is always an issue for me, cos lots of people say they can get tyres fitted for free or cheap, but I never get so lucky, and usually find places I approach want like £20 per tyre to fit and balance. Camskill are good for supply only though, have always heard good things about them over the years.

jdavis
Sunday 5th April 2015, 17:06
I know they're not local to you but I use d & d tyres in doncaster. They are always cheaper than anywhere else local. Good service too.

Pinup_gal
Sunday 5th April 2015, 18:09
Wayne,
There are always people wanting old tyres for their garden/kids playground etc. You can get rid for free ;)

martin_r_smith
Sunday 5th April 2015, 19:25
Camskill for me. But the I just get my brother to fit them for a nominal fee.

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 5th April 2015, 19:26
^^ do you want to make Rich a swing..?

MoleT-5R
Sunday 5th April 2015, 19:49

not with my present kit, It will kill the paint on your alloys, but if I get my new stuff then there's no reason not too and possibly balanced to...

Pinup_gal
Sunday 5th April 2015, 19:49
No I bloody don't he's got enough toys ;)

Spooky
Sunday 5th April 2015, 20:21
Camskill for me. But the I just get my brother to fit them for a nominal fee.

Im with Martin on this one... never had a problem with any I have ordered from Camskill and they are really cheap compared to high street as well.

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 5th April 2015, 20:38
Just done a search on Camskill. Looks great for budget tyres Nexan etc, but comparison with Falkans they are approximately the same price without fitting... Possibly Vredestein's for me then..

merc85
Sunday 5th April 2015, 20:45
My last 2 Goodyears came from Tyreleader

S70T5Chris
Sunday 5th April 2015, 22:55
What size, and how many tyres are you after?!

c70geoff
Monday 6th April 2015, 02:21
My last set of 4 18s quite literally fell off the back of a lorry
Just happened to be one crashed that we recovered

JUDGENINJA
Monday 6th April 2015, 12:10
What size, and how many tyres are you after?!

225/30/20, 225/35/20

LiamT4
Monday 6th April 2015, 18:05
Just got to look around the net as much as you can. I was coming across some real good deals all over the place, but ended up going to F1 autocenter for mine.

S70T5Chris
Monday 6th April 2015, 19:03
225/30/20, 225/35/20

20's!!!! ££££in 20's!!!! You got an XC90 now?!!! LOL!

JUDGENINJA
Monday 6th April 2015, 19:06
20's!!!! ££££in 20's!!!! You got an XC90 now?!!! LOL!

You'll get to see sometime soon.

MoleT-5R
Monday 6th April 2015, 23:15
225/30/20, 225/35/20

NO wonder you're trying to get the price down, don't strike me as common sizes.....good luck