PDA

View Full Version : Drivers A Pillar Trim Removal.... V70 P1

Spooky
Saturday 4th April 2015, 20:36
Is there a guide or video anywhere on how to remove it? Need to get my boost pod installed but having searched the forum and the net i will be blown if i can find any recent info on how to remove it LOL

AcidicDavey
Saturday 4th April 2015, 20:43
It is dead easy mate, just clipped in place, no special tricks.

It is held to the b pillar with a quarter turn fastener behind the sensor cover thing too.

1. So, using a flathead pop the B pillar cover out and undo the red fastener behind it.
2. Get your fingers under the trim above your head at the headlining edge and pull it down and then pull it away.

To thread it out from the B pillar trim you may need to remove that too again by just pulling it away. :)

Spooky
Saturday 4th April 2015, 20:54
It is dead easy mate, just clipped in place, no special tricks.

It is held to the b pillar with a quarter turn fastener behind the sensor cover thing too.

1. So, using a flathead pop the B pillar cover out and undo the red fastener behind it.
2. Get your fingers under the trim above your head at the headlining edge and pull it down and then pull it away.

To thread it out from the B pillar trim you may need to remove that too again by just pulling it away. :)

Nice one Davey, cheers pal! will give it a go tomorrow :)

stribo
Saturday 4th April 2015, 23:18
I think there's a screw that holds it on where the grab handle is, there is on my C70.

AcidicDavey
Saturday 4th April 2015, 23:31
I think there's a screw that holds it on where the grab handle is, there is on my C70.

Not on the S/V70s, just did mine the other day :)

Spooky
Sunday 5th April 2015, 11:21
Do I need to take the bolt out as well that's in there? Don't seem to be able to move the piece of trim that the sear belt comes through.

Spooky
Sunday 5th April 2015, 11:24
Sussed it.. it's fine. Just a bit of brute force hahah

Spooky
Sunday 5th April 2015, 13:14
Well that was significantly easier than I expected it to be!!

Kinda feel dumb now for having a gauge dangling down withe pipe and cable coming through the speaker grill for 2 years lol!