PDA

View Full Version : Strut top mounts.

druid
Saturday 4th April 2015, 17:13
After weeks of waiting the mounts are done, bye bye bump steer and hello driving in a straight line. New top bearing as well and new drop links too! Steering is much smother/lighter.

S40kieran
Saturday 4th April 2015, 19:25
Nice one Druid :) no more clanging either lol

druid
Saturday 4th April 2015, 19:56
Should be more confident on the road now (car not me), will be glad to go for a spin.

T4PAT
Saturday 4th April 2015, 21:43
Did you change them yourself druid?

druid
Sunday 5th April 2015, 01:16
Nah, i pulled a bit of a favor and had the lot done in 2Hrs! £40 at the local kerbside motors Nice learning experience for the young lad with his dad looking over and getting involved - dads a fitter by trade - so it all went well.
I like to think i could, BUT perhaps not. I will stick with easy stuff like painting the wheels and the calipers.

S40kieran
Sunday 5th April 2015, 09:15
Druid they are fairly easy to do how did he get the top suspension nut off that's the most awkward bit because of the metal guard which I took a grinder too.

T4PAT
Sunday 5th April 2015, 09:33
Druid they are fairly easy to do how did he get the top suspension nut off that's the most awkward bit because of the metal guard which I took a grinder too.

Now that's just rough Kieran! lol How much did your new mounts cost? :)

druid
Sunday 5th April 2015, 11:03
They used a snap on impact gun thing, took the strut out and then sun the bolt out.
i paid £120 for the lot, so 160 fitted!

S40kieran
Sunday 5th April 2015, 13:25
£100 bucks pat ;) £50 each

T4PAT
Sunday 5th April 2015, 23:30
£100 bucks pat ;) £50 each

For the complete top mount? :)

S40kieran
Sunday 5th April 2015, 23:31
Yep mate :) including the bearing should be good for the life of the car fingers crossed, I had to cut away with a grinder because I found the chrome bit impossible to grip and you can't get a spanner on the top mount and hold the square driver unless you cut the guard off

T4PAT
Sunday 5th April 2015, 23:36
Yep mate :) including the bearing should be good for the life of the car fingers crossed

If the roads in Devon are as rough as they are down here, I doubt it Kieran, its only now there is a election coming up, they have started to fill the pot holes...

S40kieran
Monday 6th April 2015, 08:38
Lol they are really bad here pat the area I live in hasn't been touched for a good 60 years I reckon, and the new ring road you saw being built the country roads at the back of that have been smashed by heavy machinery it's a gauntlet mate, I went down there the other day no road into decoy newton abbot and a new roundabout I was like wheres the road gone hahahahaha. Ariel view of the project some great views of dartmoor in the background :) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7FviWRPBbQ