PDA

View Full Version : Will it need to be 'Re mapped' after me maf.

Nealevo
Friday 3rd April 2015, 17:04
Can some one with more technical knowledge than me, (which to be fair is every living thing above dogs!) help me understand what is needed.

at the minute I have a standard maf and all plastic pipe work with a pipercross cone filter.

But some very kind and wonderful people have donated these parts to me

Will I need to have my map altered or will it compensate on its own?

If I do who can do it?

I've had different opinions from very knowledgable and trusted people but I don't want to go bang................AGAIN!

It's a 3" maf housing and 3" maf/ turbo pipe, yes they are shiney that's why I like them.

Thanks in advance.

jamesy12345
Friday 3rd April 2015, 17:16
My opinion would be 'yes'...at the very least check AFRs when your new bits & pieces are on. The idea of this is I guess to let more air in, so the system will compensate to an event but there will be a limit, beyond which you could run lean.

My/Yosser's S70R was mapped by Tim W/T5D5 chaps...maybe worth asking Tim who can map it

claymore
Friday 3rd April 2015, 17:18
personally, I think it will be fine as long as you don't use an MBC on it.

Nealevo
Friday 3rd April 2015, 17:21
personally, I think it will be fine as long as you don't use an MBC on it.

Thanks, I don't have MBC as I can't be trusted with boost :) will my Blue injectors be ok or will they need upgrading etc etc

As you can tell I'm lost

oblark
Friday 3rd April 2015, 17:26
You will need it remapped for the larger MAF,

At present your ecu nows how much air is being drawn into the engine, with the larger MAF MORE air will be drawn in which make the engine run LEAN.

t5 pete
Friday 3rd April 2015, 17:30
You need map also neal get a far gauge it will dramatically lean the car not a wise over as some have found out all ready

claymore
Friday 3rd April 2015, 17:32
I ran a 3" maf for quite a while on a hlm map before I changed to turbotuner ecu, but an afr gauge is always a must imo.

Edit: come to think of it, I was using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator so I upped the fueling a bit, so ignore my advice I'd forgot all about the fpr i was using at the time

Nealevo
Friday 3rd April 2015, 17:37
I have an afr gauge too so I can see when it's bad

Jamest5r
Friday 3rd April 2015, 17:50
Colin and ade were with me at a meet when I fitted mine and it ran lean on idle think about 17 if I remember

Nealevo
Saturday 4th April 2015, 16:19
Is 17 not good then ????? Lol

Jamest5r
Saturday 4th April 2015, 16:23
Er......no, ideally you want 14.7 on idle or thereabouts, 11's on boost /wot

AndysR
Saturday 4th April 2015, 21:22
I would advise you to get it checked at least, mine was custom mapped and then I replaced the standard Volvo piping from the maf to the turbo with the 3" pipe work very similar to what you've got, didn't have it checked and I bent a rod the very next day when it had previously been fine for a year and half prior to the pipe fitment....Just saying