PDA

View Full Version : There but for the grace of God go I.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 24th November 2005, 18:41
Some might have thought it strange that I had not posted for a while.
Tuesday evening I had an accident and barrel rolled the C70 through a hedge into a field.

It was entirely my own fault - I was going too fast. I lost the back end coming out of a left hander, mounted and drove up the bank, hit the hedge (containing a planted telegraph stump), which flip and rolled for me about 100ft.

I am not proud of what I did and I feel it necessary to post as a warning to others. I will be down on myself for sometime. Thankfully no-one else was involved.

The emergency services said that any other car and I'd be dead or critically injured - Felicity protected me brilliantly and I am still coming to terms with it. I have walked away with only minor injuries (cuts, bruises and a stiff back). She is sadly a complete write off and will be sorely missed.

I wanted to give a big thanks to all those around me especially Guy, Justin, Tash, Adam and Hamish who have all been brilliant.

I make no excuses for what I did.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 24th November 2005, 18:46
I have said it before and I will say it again, we are all truely thankful that you walked away from the wreckage you are too important to lose.

:remybussi

x

Al115
Thursday 24th November 2005, 18:50
What she said.

Every site member will be glad that you are intact...

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 24th November 2005, 18:55
My brother (RN) sent me this - a quote from one of his Fleet Arm buddies

As an aviator friend of mine is always saying – “Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.”

After_Shock
Thursday 24th November 2005, 18:57
Im shocked and gutted for your loss, naturally the fact your o.k is the most important thing by far.

BlackBeast
Thursday 24th November 2005, 18:58
I dont like seeing crashes but i cant see the pics, comes up with contact admin and i dont have the privilages.

Anyway, glad your ok mate and you walked away from it with no serious injuries. Just goes to prove that it doesnt matter how experienced you think you are theres always something around the next corner that you cant react to (not meant in a negative way).

Out of interest what is happening with the car and all its modifications???

spesh
Thursday 24th November 2005, 18:59
As i said b4 glad your ok, also my help is there for you Dave if and when u need it!!
Same as blackbeast said bout the pics for me.

01c70t5
Thursday 24th November 2005, 18:59
The car you can replace, you we'd struggle with.

It's true about the fly boys too!

Al115
Thursday 24th November 2005, 19:01
Out of interest what is happening with the car and all its modifications???

I think we can give Dave some time to sort things out before we start asking specifics about his car, don't you?

izzysnan
Thursday 24th November 2005, 19:02
Hi Dave
Glad you are still with us to tell the tale. Hope the soreness & bruises pass quickly but the memory stays with you long enough to keep you safe in the future.
All the best from Frank & Sue

ripper
Thursday 24th November 2005, 19:04
So sorry to hear about your misfortune dave. looking at the positive side of things though, is that you have come out of it without major damage to yourself, and to me that is what matters in cases like this. As you have said though, it's a good job you were in a Volvo by the sounds of things.

Although it is a sad day to lose a beloved motor vehicle, they can always be replaced as probably many other people have already said to you.

I feel it appropriate though to say that after being driven by you in your car, i personally think that you are a very competent driver and i hope that what has happened doesn't alter the way you feel about your own driving skills!

I hope you get back to being yourself very quickly dave, take care...

Stuart.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 24th November 2005, 19:05
Wowzer, ££££ Dave, glad yer ok but slow down jesus christ!

Vikingxl
Thursday 24th November 2005, 19:06
Sorry to hear about the accident Dave hope you are ok will speak to you soon

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 24th November 2005, 19:09
thanks for all your kind words. They mean more than you'd know.

As for the car - I dont get a penny - my choice/risk to insure it TPFT.

Ultimate irony was I put two new Vredestein Ultracs on the front that afternoon and had her tracked up.

Felicity will be broken and I am going through this process as we speak. Being a practical kind of person - I find that doing and sorting makes me feel better.

The parts from the salvage will be sold to cover my financial costs. It is unlikely that I will be in a T5 for sometime.

SaffronC70
As Viking posted, take it easy mate.

Chris

Andrew
Jesus Christ !!!

Mate firstly very very glad your ok. If you need anything just shout.
Next my god the car is a mess :( I know how hard you worked to get her right and how much you enjoyed her. I'm sorry for the loss. Again it goes to show that sometimes we all drive too fast and thank god you where in a Volvo - that's 2 of my friends that have been saved by these beasts now! Thankfully!

Ac.

BlackBeast
Thursday 24th November 2005, 19:25
I think we can give Dave some time to sort things out before we start asking specifics about his car, don't you?

Al, didnt mean anything bad by it! Dave, if you feel i was out of order by asking the above question then i do apologise.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 24th November 2005, 19:31
Al, didnt mean anything bad by it! Dave, if you feel i was out of order by asking the above question then i do apologise.
Its fine. Really. Please see my post above.

fraz13
Thursday 24th November 2005, 19:32
Hey Dave, sorry to hear bout this, When a heard a was totally shocked to say the least, Shame your so far away tho coz a would help in any way a could

Glad you walked away tho also glad you were in a Volvo even if it was a hairdressers car lol

Good luck mate and hope the salvage gets you half way to getting back on your feet

Martinr
Thursday 24th November 2005, 19:47
Dave sorry to hear about your accident. I was driving Monday night and conditions were lousy so don't be too down on yourself.

If you want a lift to the Xmas do just say and if there is any other way I can help ring me

All the best

S60D5
Thursday 24th November 2005, 20:13
Jesus Christ Dave, glad you're OK!

Looking at the pics, the C70 has stood up amazingly well to the roll, the passenger compartment is still it's proper shape. One of my neighbours daughters had a similar accident a couple of years ago in her Mini Cooper S and she is now paralysed from the waist down, so you're very lucky to get out of this one with cuts & bruises.

I know everyone says it, but.. it's only a car. It can be replaced. Maybe next time you'll invest in a roll cage :)

Hope you feel better soon!

The Flying Banana
Thursday 24th November 2005, 20:16
Wobbly mate, glad you are unhurt!! Dont be too down on yourself, it is what it was, an accident,no one else was involved so you had taken that into account before opening the car up, not one person on here could say they havent done it but thankfully you walked away, sorry about insurance aswell but i think alot of peeps have sometimes went down that road thru necessity

Not the end of T5s for you, WD, just a lull , one will come along!!!

Take it easy neebur!!!!

the_boy
Thursday 24th November 2005, 20:16
I'm pretty much lost for words, glad to hear you are OK though Dave...

As per our conversation the other day, if the C70 can withstand a head on with a bus it's got to be pretty safe!!

lance
Thursday 24th November 2005, 21:19
Sh*t Dave, Im really sorry to here your news, glad you r ok though!
Hope you get back into a T5 eventually.
If theres anything I can do to help you out bud, let me know.

bradders
Thursday 24th November 2005, 21:36
Dave...I am totally gutted for you mate.Glad you were able to walk away from it.
Hopefully you wont be T5less for too long.

Stay safe.

andyb
Thursday 24th November 2005, 21:45
As the above Dave....gutted for you at the loss of the car but delighted you are in one piece.

Wishing you all the best and hope to see you back in a T5 soon.

Kindest Regards

Andrew

Kent Canary
Thursday 24th November 2005, 23:04
Dave,

I wish you all the best. Dont be too hard on yourself about what might have been. Lessons are often learned hard, the main thing as you say is there but for the grace of God. Take care.

Andrew

Assasin
Friday 25th November 2005, 00:04
Dave Glad your ok, and realy thats the main thing.

On the car front she did stand up well.

Take Care

siamblue
Friday 25th November 2005, 00:21
Bloody hell Dave i only saw you last week, and said to my missus hope you stay safe in that car,
I am so glad you walked away mate, too many things happening of late with the T5's,
Just shows you a Volvo takes it life to save us again.

Gary

PS
I too am thinking of going TPFT in January maybe i should rethink,

GuyD5
Friday 25th November 2005, 00:40
PS I too am thinking of going TPFT in January maybe i should rethink,

Can you afford to lose your car Gary? .... a bit of ice or a moment's inattention ... gotta be fully comp mate :(

Aiken
Friday 25th November 2005, 01:35
Sh*t Dave, glad your okay! The C70 really can take a beating, I think youve certainly proven that. She was a great car and I am sure you will miss her...

My girlfriend rolled her Ford Ka not so long ago on a windy day, noone involved, and she got out okay, although granted very shook up indeed, the car was in a bad state but did stand up to the beating (she rolled it doing about 60mph). I can understand how you must feel, don't blame yourself as accidents do happen, and often.

Regarding your salvage post previously, I'll be glad to help out and get some bits from you when your ready, let me know, cause ill be needing a clutch shortly and i'm sure there are some other bits compatible. (Scratch that, i just read your flogging the lot to the salvage rather than stripping it yourself).

weasel
Friday 25th November 2005, 02:14
shame about the car but you're ok and that's the most important thing.

JUDGENINJA
Friday 25th November 2005, 02:26
SH*T, Fu*K, BUGG*R.....!!!!!! I've just repeated the same words you probably said at the time.....(but probably without the "OUCH"...)...

What a shocking sight....!!!

If I can help in anyway just ask...I'll bring a sleeping bag and loads of tools..!!!......

ABYSS
Friday 25th November 2005, 08:22
Hi DAVE,

Just want to say that im so so pleased that you've walked away from this one mate.

The car can be replaced, and as long as youre fine

Andrew

gibbo
Friday 25th November 2005, 08:47
Absolutely GUTTED for you mate.

Gibbo

Wobbly Dave
Friday 25th November 2005, 09:10
Regarding your salvage post previously, I'll be glad to help out and get some bits from you when your ready, let me know, cause ill be needing a clutch shortly and i'm sure there are some other bits compatible. (Scratch that, i just read your flogging the lot to the salvage rather than stripping it yourself).
I will be breaking her apart = all individual parts will be for sale. At least then you lot can benefit from this (and I wont feel so bad) and her demise will not have been in vain.

Strange thing was - I had to turn off the engine in the end.

Thanks again for all you words - they mean a lot to me. One of the things that has been hardest to take is how much worse I could have been off.

Justin
Friday 25th November 2005, 09:23
"I wanted to give a big thanks to all those around me"

Wobbly, your welcome, least i could do :)

If I can help in anyway just ask...I'll bring a sleeping bag and loads of tools..!!!......
Your the man Judge ;)

jp850R
Friday 25th November 2005, 09:30
Thats one heck of a shock! Im not good with words,sorry, just really glad you ok, top man and ul be back in a t5 before you know it im sure.
All the best Jon

Redbrick
Friday 25th November 2005, 09:56
Only just read this.... :jaw:

#1 is you Dave, your physically OK thats the main thing.

Cars can be replaced eventually, you can't.

Got to love the ability of a Volvo to protect their drivers in horrible crashes.

rottertron
Friday 25th November 2005, 11:08
Wow, sorry to hear about the accident, glad youre ok!!! The car can always be replaced!!! Ive seen the results of some accidents similar to yours, and youre an extremely lucky to get away with it so lightly :)

On the bright side you can look for another car, and that you have wicked story to tell for years to come!!!

M44K TS
Friday 25th November 2005, 11:16
I bet that was a scarey experience, Glad you're ok though Dave. Another reason i feel safe in my 10 tonne barge.

It may seem innapropriate, but i laughed when you said you had to switch the engine off, it's as if they're indestructable and would still be having an accident now if you didn't switch it off.

Oh well, new C70 for you then, keep scouring the autotrader

siamblue
Friday 25th November 2005, 11:48
Can you afford to lose your car Gary? .... a bit of ice or a moment's inattention ... gotta be fully comp mate :(

I just said to the missus i would be a fool to lose a £3k all for the sake of a extra £150 on insurance,

Judge i am with you mate, Dave you need a hand mate I'll be there, It will be a shame to split the car but at least the parts will go to help other members and will make that accident a little more positve for you.

I shouldn't say this really but your old Red one is still for sale i think?

Gary

JOHN 850
Friday 25th November 2005, 11:52
Jesus Dave, that scary - thank god you're o.k !
That's one of the reasons why I drive a Volvo, in case the inevitable happens & as many here say, you can replace cars - just a bummer it was TPFT.

Hope you can get behind another soon & try to keep your 'pecker' up - we all have made mistakes, so don't be too hard on yourself, especially as no one else was involved.

All the best mate,

John.

Murphy
Friday 25th November 2005, 12:06
Hi Dave

I compleatly missed this post - sorry it's taken a while for me to post. Glad you are in one piece

'Volvo for life' remember.

Andy

Engineer
Friday 25th November 2005, 12:20
Hi Dave

as Murphy I also compleatly missed this post, its a bummer mate but happy to hear you are in one piece.

"Sit vis vobiscum."

jim.covers
Friday 25th November 2005, 13:17
Not been around for a couple o days.... Bloody el dave, So glad u got out o that m8.

chriskay
Friday 25th November 2005, 16:35
Nothing new to say; it's all been said. Just want to add my best wishes.
Cheers, Chris.

andy l
Friday 25th November 2005, 16:56
hi m8 sorry to hear about your accident gd luck and hope you get well soon

aeroresh
Friday 25th November 2005, 18:06
Ssshi...ne a light Dave! :slap: Hadnt spotted this thread till now! :jaw:

Bad news, but like others have said, at least you walked away which is the important thing!

Hopefully when you had time to take stock and are financially ready, something even better will come of this.

S40xs
Friday 25th November 2005, 18:09
Sorry to hear bout the 70 - Glad ur ok tho man!

dicky b t5
Friday 25th November 2005, 19:22
JESUS..... Sorry Dave only just read this.. :slap:

So glad you're alright...Thats the main thing Mate...!

Hope to see you in the near future.....(££££e , lost for words...)

mulletboy2
Friday 25th November 2005, 19:50
Holy crap mate :( Sorry I've taken a while to respond... only just come online. Sorry to see the end of such a gorgeous car, but the fact that you're ok FAR outweighs that.

If you need a lift anywhere, or a hand taking her apart, or anything else, you know where I am mate.

Mark

swordy21
Friday 25th November 2005, 20:42
Sad to hear this Dave. Mark @ Salvo told me yesterday, but only just got back home.

Glad you're OK, and am sure you'll be back in a T5 very soon.

Jon

craig
Friday 25th November 2005, 21:35
bummer man.i know how you feel cos i did the same in an astra and finnished up on the roof and still had to turn the engine off , me nor the mrs were hurt untill she clicked her seat belt off and landed on her head, DOH but all is not lost i saw a link somewhere on the forum where a member was giving a sierra away for free so every cloud has a silver lining. but on a seriouse note glad your ok mate and hope you get straight soon.

DaveS60D5
Saturday 26th November 2005, 01:11
Oh DAVE!!! :(

I truely am sorry mate!!!

Where on earth did this happen? A435?

Can't believe you didn't call me!! I'm the closest member to you!!!

Call me ASAP mate and I'll come over even if it's just for a coffee and a chat.

Just glad you are OK, such a harrowing time for re: accidents recently :(

I mean it mate, let me help you in any way I can. It's about time we saw more of each other and nows a particularly apt time.

Sorry I didn't see this until now.

Goof
Saturday 26th November 2005, 17:12
Didn't see the post, just heard from VT what had happened.
So glad you're ok, everything else can be sorted easily in time.
The girl did her job well - you walked away from that, there's not many other cars that would have served so well.

pault5
Saturday 26th November 2005, 17:37
Just read the thread.
You are O.K. that's all that really matters.
Paul.

gezR
Saturday 26th November 2005, 21:27
I'm really sorry to here this Dave. Glad you are ok though. If it's any comfort to you, I've been through the same kind of thing myself so I have some kind of idea how of how it feels. Don't get too down or beat yourself up about it and remember to keep your chin up.

All the best,

Gez

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 27th November 2005, 00:29
Above all things I have been deeply moved by so many kind words. I am extremely lucky to be in a position to be able to type them. Initially I was very reluctant coz I was embarassed and ashamed about my mistakes and ill-taken choices.

I am slowly getting myself back together.

Some news. Felicity has been moved to a garage in the East Midlands. I have managed to get her safe and out of the elements.
The reason that the engine stayed running is that either one or the other drive shafts is broken.

I hope people will not judge me too harshly when I put up the parts from her for sale, over the next few weeks. I need to do this as I am getting nothing from the insurance.
There will be a series of ebay/local ads for parts. My ID on ebay is "thin_Dave" (coined with a sense of irony)

The muddy field was a blessing in many ways - as the softer landing means that much of her is saleable.

Again I would like to say a big thanks to all of you. I have a second chance and intend to make the best of it.

dicky b t5
Sunday 27th November 2005, 11:22
Dave im sure no one's going to judge you on here for putting bits and pieces
up for sale, your doing the right thing in my book, try and get as much back for her as you can . Its a sad loss we all know, but you gotta start somewhere...££££e Happens..!.
I'm sure everyone on here is right behind you...Your ok thats the main thing..

As Nike say....Just Do It.. :slap:

Simon
Sunday 27th November 2005, 11:25
Glad your o.k. that's the main thing.

MattB
Sunday 27th November 2005, 12:27
Nothing new to add Dave, just wanted to give you my regards.
Thankfully you walked away from it - I'm sure you'll come to terms with the loss of your car in no time. I know that I would be absolutely gutted if in your shoes if I lost my car - regardless of the circumstances and time of year. As others have posted, the main thing is that you survived and more so with little or no injury.

Hope you get back on your feet real soon...

Best wishes Dave and take care.

pyrotechnictigger
Sunday 27th November 2005, 13:05
Just seen this thread. SO glad you drive a Volvo mate. Car looks a mess but that does not matter. Your aok and thats the main thing. Good luck in the coming weeks:)

philt6
Sunday 27th November 2005, 13:17
glad to hear your alright cars can bereeplaced

Ian C70T5
Sunday 27th November 2005, 13:30
I assume your turbo etc it sold?? :-D

t5owner
Sunday 27th November 2005, 18:19
Jesus wobbly

Have only just cottoned on to this thread i must have been asleep for a few days

Glad to know you are ok matey as we need you,more than the car
Who else is gonna repair our abs ecu`s and fit extra autobox fluid coolers ?

Real shame about the car but i`m sure you`ll find another safe and reliable t5 and be back in the swing of things

Best wishes :remybussi

Stuart

kdst5
Sunday 27th November 2005, 19:52
Gutted for you Dave just heard from Frazer and so glad to hear your ok

Norm

lil_me
Monday 28th November 2005, 01:12
Havn't been online much myself and totally missed this, so pleased you are ok, yes the car was lovely, I remember drooling at Tuner GP, but cars can be replaced and Wobbly Dave's can't. Don't be too hard on yourself we all make misjudgements from time to time. Hope the little injuries feel better soon.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 28th November 2005, 01:18
I'll be kicking myself for a bit yet. Totally gutted. Ho hum.

I must have said this a few times on this thread and I do mean it sincerely - Thanks for all your messages of support - they mean a lot.

mikey
Monday 28th November 2005, 10:40
hi dave,sorry to hear about ya loss matey just glad your alright,chin up buddy!!!

Tiff_T5
Monday 28th November 2005, 11:47
I'm new here but know how you feel,Dave.I did the same thing in an X1/9 a couple of years ago,after spending nearly a year restoring it.Was on a track day at Knockhill,so no insurance.Rolled it 3 times,and still managed to drive it home...I had the roof off at the time too,and seeing the ground coming up towards you really makes you think!! Glad you're OK,it really hurts to see all the work you put in end up in a tangled mess,but it just makes you respect 'em all the more! Hope you get sorted out and behind the wheel of a T5 soon!

MattE
Monday 28th November 2005, 20:01
Have only just cottoned on to this thread i must have been asleep for a few days

Me too...

££££ mate, sorry to hear about that. But as everyone else has said, main thing is you're ok....

Not far away from you if you need anything chap. Just ask...

Matt

Andy
Monday 28th November 2005, 20:17
Dave,

Im gutted for you but very very pleased your ok!

Take care mate!!

Tomcat
Monday 28th November 2005, 20:25
Crap Dave, I've just read back through all the posts, I'm really sorry mate I thought I'd already posted something.I see loads of accident damaged cars everyday(including C70's) and I think you've been very lucky to walk away from rolling your car. I'm glad to hear that your ok, as everyone else has said the car can be replaced... you can't, and where would this site be without our chief mechanic to help us all out in our time of need?. If you need anything at all just let me know and I'll be more than willing to help in anyway I can.

highgun
Monday 28th November 2005, 23:15
Just got the link from the voc.

Glad you are ok Dave, Sorry about the car.

All the best,

Tony.

ceefaz
Monday 28th November 2005, 23:20
Just seen the thread. Thank God and Volvo that you are OK.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 11:14
Thanks for your support guys

arbee
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 11:41
damn, completley missed this thread. I feel gutted for you, really do. I hope you get back on your feet (wheels) soon, I'm sure things will sort themselves out for you :)

BigJC
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 21:58
Holy crap! I take you are shaken and maybe a bit stirred but ok?!

I did a similar thing in August, up a bank through a telegraph pole and onto the roof in my ex's MK4 Golf!
Thankfully, the car saved me & my mates but tp only insurance has cost me dear!

The main thing is we live and learn. I hope you recover fully soon fella.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/joncorry/Climbingphotos042.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/joncorry/Climbingphotos043.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/joncorry/Climbingphotos045.jpg
I actually said the attending police officer, I'm sure it'll polish out! Shock eh, affects us in strange ways...
Thats the reason why I now drive a Volvo!

fraz13
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 22:10
Thats the reason why I now drive a Volvo!
And also the reason shes now an ex probs lol

That looks pretty nasty, good to hear ppl get out safe

Andrew
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 22:12
Is it also the main reason she is now your ex ?
Sorry - had to be said :)

BigJC
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 22:29
Nah she's been my ex for ages but my little lads mum so we kinda get on still, well when I'm not polishing her cars roof with tarmac that is!

Andrew
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 22:31
:slap:

:eclipsee_ :funkybana :funkybana :funkybana :funkybana

Ross9
Friday 2nd December 2005, 02:11
Only just read this thread I'm afraid.

Gutted for you Dave, but as has no doubt been said many times throughout the thread, metal bends and can be sold or bashed back straight again, people can not, so I'm very glad you walked away from it.

All the best in gettin gback in a quick car again as soon as you can, would be a shame for you to develop a complex about them, get back on the horse as they say.

Ross

Wobbly Dave
Friday 2nd December 2005, 12:08
Too late LOL! I have been in an Astra for over a week now - can't say it makes me feel any better - but at least it gets me about.

T5Rdragon
Friday 2nd December 2005, 23:30
F*ck. Dunno where I've been, but I completely missed this. Dave, we haven't met yet, but I am so sorry for you and your car :(

If there's anything I can do... well, you know the rest...

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 02:46
Thanks Gaz - I have been overwhelmed by the level of support. One thing is for sure without you lot I think the repair to Wobbly Dave will take a lot longer.

Andrew
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 08:31
Thanks Gaz - I have been overwhelmed by the level of support. One thing is for sure without you lot I think the repair to Wobbly Dave will take a lot longer.

Bit of oil here, pint or two there, bit of bondo to hold him all together... job done!

:)

v6en
Sunday 4th December 2005, 00:19
Poor you wobbly :(

hope you get good prices for the bits you sell and get into another T5 soon xx

jacq.

fraz13
Sunday 4th December 2005, 06:31
A no its a bit morbid (is that how ye spell it?) Dave but get some more pics up of the damage, might help ppl see whats availible ;)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th December 2005, 00:55
will be sharing a new thread soon - surgery pics (bit gorey) etc.

debug
Monday 5th December 2005, 15:57
A tragedy dave, but also a wakeup call for many of us. A big reminder in many respects - I'd been getting a bit cocky recently.

I'm glad I was able to experience her earlier in the year. Maybe we can all end up owning a bit of the Legend.

Oh, and I presume you took it back to complain that the tracking was still off? :duck:

Take it easy bud.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th December 2005, 16:22
Yes - I dragged the owner of the tyre fitters down to the field to point out how it was still "pulling a bit to the left" - LOL

It's a slow recovery but I will get there.

Titch
Monday 5th December 2005, 23:44
Dave,

Titch & I have only just read this thread. Both been off line for a while. Really sorry for you but at least your OK. You can always get another car!

Charlie & Titch

jross
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 11:43
Wow, sorry to hear about the crash :( Odd that you're back end came out (FWD and all), but I had that happen the other night with my C70 too! I didn't read the full thread but saw mention of surgery earlier on this page.. hope all goes well with recovery?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 12:01
Surgery wasnt on me thankfully - I survived with only bumps and bruises.
However Felicity didnt survive the impact. Plus we just chopped her up this last weekend, to salvage her parts - hence "surgery" was mentioned but it involved 12" angle grinder and lots of axel stands.

fraz13
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 12:04
Pics Dave PICS!!!!! lol

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 12:07
When Judge has a mo - there will be quite a few to show - sparks 'n' all.

jross
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 12:08
Surgery wasnt on me thankfully - I survived with only bumps and bruises.
However Felicity didnt survive the impact. Plus we just chopped her up this last weekend, to salvage her parts - hence "surgery" was mentioned but it involved 12" angle grinder and lots of axel stands.

Ah.. forgive my denseness.

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 7th December 2005, 01:48
Will post pics soon

nobananas
Friday 9th December 2005, 23:32
Haven't been on here for a long time so only just heard, glad you are okay mate, both me and Mrs Nb both let out a small scream when you said you were only third-party ! glad your okay though.

brynt
Saturday 10th December 2005, 20:46
Dave,

So sorry to hear about your dramas with your pride and joy from Dad and Justin. :jaw: Glad to hear your all right. Saw the pics and thank £££££ you were in a volvo and not a BMW :) (lol)

see you soon

Bryn

(Guy's son:-))

Wobbly Dave
Monday 12th December 2005, 01:10
Cheers Bryn. :welcome:

Your Dad has been a source of great strength to me.

Mind you, must be a strain having to post on a Volvo forum - LOL

Y'all come back now, y'here.

Look forward to buying you a pint soon.

racer
Friday 16th December 2005, 00:59
Not been on for a while, so only just saw this. :jaw:

That was a big one. Damn glad you walked away from that. All the best.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 16th December 2005, 01:04
Not been on for a while, so only just saw this. :jaw:

That was a big one. Damn glad you walked away from that. All the best.
me too! Cheers

mraldonnelly
Thursday 22nd December 2005, 12:25
Jesus Dave,

I ain't been around for a while and was just getting back to browsing the internet. On eBay and spotted your "rolled" C70 stuff for sale from a guy called Dave in Birmingham. Put two and two together and realised it must be you.

Sorry to hear about the car mate. Glad you're OK though. Car can be replaced, you can't.

All the best.

Andy

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 22nd December 2005, 16:08
Cheers Andy. You indeed have been away for a while. I hope you are well and thanks for your support.

Craigk
Saturday 31st December 2005, 16:31
Hey Dave, not been on here for a couple of months due to work so needless to say I was totally shocked to hear what happend. Glad your ok mate and have lived to tell the tale. Hope your getting back to your old self and looking forward to meetin up with you again soon.

Take it easy mate.

Craigk

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd January 2006, 03:05
I am fine. Car salvage is complete - just need to get rid of the shell.

markliddell666
Monday 2nd January 2006, 04:17
now i know where the nake wobbly dave comes from now that was a wobbly corner wasnt it
u must have learnt ur leason now get a subaru like me and have fun and the 4 wheel drive wont let u do cart wheels on your roof
i hope u werent in the middle of a bit of hanky panky when u lost control now dave was both set of hands on the steering wheel or were u checking out the lady on the passenger seat come on now me being from scotland and knowing that no ones asked u and knowing that fraz knows me and badger being a couple of pervs tell the truth dave were u getting into a lady and had a wee accident come on now u can trust us know one will know if u tell lmao.

what u think badger was he

1 looking for a cd?

2 checking out the new thong collection from M & S?

3 looking at a naked pic of Fraz on top of his car in his leopard skin thong

4 saw an artickle about gary glitter coming to england for a concert

5 or the best one was looking at a copy of wayne roooneys girlfriends in readers wifes over 40s

plz tell

fraz13
Monday 2nd January 2006, 05:35
A see the auld New Years dragged ye through again Mark lol You have last it man :haha:

Aw and shhh bout the leopard skin outfit, You been showin those pics again??? lol

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd January 2006, 16:26
I am sure there are many ladies out there who'd be happy to have a picture of Fraz be-thonged in a leopard skin styleee - but sadly it dont do it for me.

All things considered I dont want a scoobie as they are far too ugly IMHO.

There are plans afoot and hopefully I shall be able to get into another Volvo later this year.

I think the simplest explanation is that I came around the corner too fast and ran out of talent.

t5owner
Monday 2nd January 2006, 17:31
I think the simplest explanation is that I came around the corner too fast and ran out of talent.

Now heres a man who`s not afraid to admit he was wrong although i think you may have just temp forgot your talent m8 or as the avatar says "wing commander" perhaps you where indeed attempting the world first flying volvo circus act

Cheers

stuart

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd January 2006, 17:50
Now heres a man who`s not afraid to admit he was wrong although i think you may have just temp forgot your talent m8 or as the avatar says "wing commander" perhaps you where indeed attempting the world first flying volvo circus act

Cheers

stuart
"The Great Flying Wobblino"

Ta-daaa!

markliddell666
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 02:19
now mind fraz ive got the picture of u in the toilet taken by badger and im sure a lot of people would pay top money for it im affriad gary glitter cant casue hes paying out to much money the now lol
ill spk to u soon fraz im needing another drink likes so id better go back to miss smirnoff again u take care fraz and tell the misses i was asking for ( is my watch still on ur bedside table fraz i cant seem to find it ) if it isnt im sure ill find it somewhere else

fraz13
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 08:48
lol That pic found its way on here n no 1 even mentioned it lol

Na no watch here man, ye sure ye took it off? shes been rattlin 4 a wee while now??? :haha:

t5tart
Thursday 5th January 2006, 15:21
thought it was saab's that had the aircraft background???

new here

but sure dave you got your marques mixed up ??

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 5th January 2006, 15:29
Damn I knew I was doing something wrong LOL.

I actually quite like SAABs (to look at)

Sadly the title of "Volvo Altitude Record" is mine.

t5tart
Thursday 5th January 2006, 15:32
Damn I knew I was doing something wrong LOL.

I actually quite like SAABs (to look at)

Sadly the title of "Volvo Altitude Record" is mine.

glad u still have your sense of humour

i know what its like did something similat to a cavalier in 1989 fortunatly it didnt roll
the 400 yr old oak tree stopped it
but it did cave the roof in a touch

markliddell666
Saturday 7th January 2006, 05:12
any mor pics dave out of interest u could start selling them and make sum money u noooooooo if they can auction off a brussell sprout on ebay for 1400 quid im sure u could get sum money for the dirt of the tyres think about it perfect money oppertunity there and give u loads of bucks to get a new motor

S40xs
Saturday 7th January 2006, 05:16
Sorry to hear about the car mate. Glad you're OK though. Car can be replaced, you can't.

All the best.

Andy

Well said that man!

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 7th January 2006, 23:42
I just remembered that I had not posted any pics up of Dave's car... It will bring a tear to your eye..

Wobbley 1 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%201.JPG)
Wobbley 2 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%202.JPG)
Wobbley 3 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%203.JPG)
Wobbley 4 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%204.JPG)
Wobbley 5 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%205.JPG)
Wobbley 6 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%206.JPG)
Wobbley 7 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%207.JPG)
Wobbley 8 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%208.JPG)
Wobbley 9 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%209.JPG)
Wobbley 10 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%2010.JPG)
Wobbley 11 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%2011.JPG)
Wobbley 12 (http://www.the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/Wobbley%2012.JPG)

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 7th January 2006, 23:43
Sorry if they take a long time to download.....

fraz13
Sunday 8th January 2006, 00:13
Resizing them wouldnt go a miss Wayne lol

arbee
Sunday 8th January 2006, 00:44
how big are those images!

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 8th January 2006, 01:25
OK I'll resize them for all you dial up and slow broadband people...(I couldn't be bothered originally)...give me a few mins...

xyzzyx
Monday 6th February 2006, 04:36
Dave, sorry to hear about your accident - however, it gave me a chance to "meet" you, find a UK foglight and join this web-site.

Thanks again for everything....and glad to hear you are OK!

xyzzyx

Wobbly Dave
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:14
Dave, sorry to hear about your accident - however, it gave me a chance to "meet" you, find a UK foglight and join this web-site.

Thanks again for everything....and glad to hear you are OK!

xyzzyx
Hello Ken, :wavey:

Good to know that the bits are going to a good home. We need PICS!!!

BTW for those that dont know - Ken bought my rear cluster - which is now in OHIO!!

racer
Monday 6th February 2006, 15:50
Very impressed. Few of us have accidents involving so much energy that some of the bits come to rest on the other side of the Atlantic! :jaw:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 6th February 2006, 16:25
Very Good, Racer.

I guess I will have to live with the ribbing for the rest of my days LOL. :slap: :haha:

S60D5
Monday 6th February 2006, 16:26
Very impressed. Few of us have accidents involving so much energy that some of the bits come to rest on the other side of the Atlantic! :jaw:

LOL.