PDA

View Full Version : Custom Mapping

volvotuning
Thursday 24th November 2005, 16:42
Dear All,

We have just invested in some brand new technology that allows us to do customer mapping at a level beyond any tuner in the UK!

Our new equipment allows us to "live map" your ECU so that we can actually instantaneously make changes to the software and monitor the results immediately. This mean that we don't have to continuously refine a map and squirt it into the ECU. Instead we can make the individual changes to data immediately on the fly in real time while the engine is running on the dyno.

And, if required, a live "uplink" to RICA means that they can also do this live custom mapping remotely, as if Mr RICA was on our premises!

For anyone wanting custom mapping for any weird and wonderful mods, this is the ultimate custom mapping service available in the UK.

Adam.

Murphy
Thursday 24th November 2005, 16:47
That is Fabialous news ! You will be king of the industry in no time !!!

Mrsmopp
Thursday 24th November 2005, 16:49
Does that mean I can have a quarter mile map then?

x

SaffronC70
Thursday 24th November 2005, 16:50
Will a custom map just cost rolling road time ? Seeing as it'll start from the base map and be quickly/easily modified into a custom map ?

I'm interested.

Chris

Engineer
Thursday 24th November 2005, 16:52
Cool I will stick that on plus side of my Upgrade Options list. But will the remote mapping also change me oil as well? Only joking...........................

pault5
Thursday 24th November 2005, 17:00
Dear All,

We have just invested in some brand new technology that allows us to do customer mapping at a level beyond any tuner in the UK!

Our new equipment allows us to "live map" your ECU so that we can actually instantaneously make changes to the software and monitor the results immediately. This mean that we don't have to continuously refine a map and squirt it into the ECU. Instead we can make the individual changes to data immediately on the fly in real time while the engine is running on the dyno.

And, if required, a live "uplink" to RICA means that they can also do this live custom mapping remotely, as if Mr RICA was on our premises!

For anyone wanting custom mapping for any weird and wonderful mods, this is the ultimate custom mapping service available in the UK.

Adam.

hi adam,
is this for all ECUs.
paul

volvotuning
Thursday 24th November 2005, 17:09
Does that mean I can have a quarter mile map then?

x

We can do you a 2 mile map so that you can have time to put your makeup on!! LOL :remybussi

Adam.

volvotuning
Thursday 24th November 2005, 17:10
Will a custom map just cost rolling road time ? Seeing as it'll start from the base map and be quickly/easily modified into a custom map ?

I'm interested.

Chris

That's something that I still need to work out with RICA but I will let you know.

Adam.

volvotuning
Thursday 24th November 2005, 17:11
hi adam,
is this for all ECUs.
paul

Yes all ECUs, but not sure about the 2006 models.

Adam.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 24th November 2005, 17:24
We can do you a 2 mile map so that you can have time to put your makeup on!! LOL :remybussi

Adam.

Thats not quite what i had in mind LOL :talktohan :ready2go: LOL

(was that a no then? lol)

x

Andrew
Thursday 24th November 2005, 17:27

Adam.

ROTFLMAO

Mrsmopp
Thursday 24th November 2005, 17:42
ROTFLMAO

Dont encourage him :troutslap LOL

x

spesh
Thursday 24th November 2005, 17:51
Well the M4 is a bit longer than 2 miles, so what happens after to miles the car has a pout and stops!!!!! lolololol.

volvotuning
Thursday 24th November 2005, 20:45
Well the M4 is a bit longer than 2 miles, so what happens after to miles the car has a pout and stops!!!!! lolololol.

Yep, then you have to reverse it back down the motorway for 2 miles and start again. It's called the Ground Hog map.

Adam.

volvotuning
Saturday 26th November 2005, 14:29

I'm interested.

Chris

Chris, for customers who have off the shelf RICA maps from us, this custom mapping service is currently available at £60 + VAT per hour to tweak the base maps.

Adam.

splatt
Saturday 26th November 2005, 17:26
must resist....too tempting...
Chris, for customers who have off the shelf RICA maps from us, this custom mapping service is currently available at £60 + VAT per hour to tweak the base maps.

Adam.