PDA

View Full Version : V70R pre purchase

cancookwill
Tuesday 31st March 2015, 21:07
Hi

I am looking at buying a 2004 V70 R with 69000 miles on the clock the seller has listed a few things that are wrong with it, so I am just trying to get an idea of approximate costs etc if the jobs to be done are not to big

Pert of the Advert below.

SOME MINOR COSMETICS, GRAZES, DENTS AND SCRATCHES AROUND the bodywork, SMALL PART OF STICHING UNDONE ON DRIVER SEAT (CAN BE EASILY STITCHED BACK), SOME WEAR / SCUFFS ON INTERIOR PANELS. JUST NEEDS A BIT OF ATTENTION.

THE PROPSHAFT APPEARS TO NEED ATTENTION, AS BETWEEN 25MPH AND 35MPH THE VEHICLE SHAKES AND IT APPEARS THAT THE PROPSHAFT MAY BE OFF BALANCE. THERE IS A MESSAGE DISPLAYED STATING CHASSIS SETTING SERVICE REQUIRED AND ANTI-SKID TEMPORARILY OFF (MAYBE AN ABS SENSOR FAULT). SOMETIMES, THE WINDSCREEN WIPER DOES NOT STOP AND MAYBE A RELAY RELATED ISSUE. ETC.

THE ENGINE AND GEARBOX APPEARS TO BE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND PERFORMS LIKE A BEAST, GIVEN IT'S LOW GENUINE MILES.

WOULD MAKE AN EXCELLENT PROJECT FOR RESTORATION.

Thank you for looking

any advise warmly taken

LeeT5
Wednesday 1st April 2015, 07:55
Hi

I am looking at buying a 2004 V70 R with 69000 miles on the clock the seller has listed a few things that are wrong with it, so I am just trying to get an idea of approximate costs etc if the jobs to be done are not to big

Pert of the Advert below.

SOME MINOR COSMETICS, GRAZES, DENTS AND SCRATCHES AROUND the bodywork, SMALL PART OF STICHING UNDONE ON DRIVER SEAT (CAN BE EASILY STITCHED BACK), SOME WEAR / SCUFFS ON INTERIOR PANELS. JUST NEEDS A BIT OF ATTENTION.

THE PROPSHAFT APPEARS TO NEED ATTENTION, AS BETWEEN 25MPH AND 35MPH THE VEHICLE SHAKES AND IT APPEARS THAT THE PROPSHAFT MAY BE OFF BALANCE. THERE IS A MESSAGE DISPLAYED STATING CHASSIS SETTING SERVICE REQUIRED AND ANTI-SKID TEMPORARILY OFF (MAYBE AN ABS SENSOR FAULT). SOMETIMES, THE WINDSCREEN WIPER DOES NOT STOP AND MAYBE A RELAY RELATED ISSUE. ETC.

THE ENGINE AND GEARBOX APPEARS TO BE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND PERFORMS LIKE A BEAST, GIVEN IT'S LOW GENUINE MILES.

WOULD MAKE AN EXCELLENT PROJECT FOR RESTORATION.

Thank you for looking

any advise warmly taken

Hi, :welcome:

How do you know the propshaft is off balance? I doubt very much that it is and the propshaft has no connection to electrics, so cannot tell the car that a Chassis service is required! The most likely cause is one of the drive shafts is worn or maybe a cracked reluctor ring. If either of these fail then they can cause the Chassis service fault. If there's excess movement in the drive shaft then it will cause the ABS ring (reluctor ring) to strike the sensor. That will also cause your vibration.

Never heard of the wipers not stopping before, you sure they are not on 'auto' rain sensing position?

Sounds like a great car.....BUY IT!!!!!!!!!

Harvey
Wednesday 1st April 2015, 20:53
Sounds like this one ?.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171735000622&alt=web

Orca2
Wednesday 1st April 2015, 20:55
I wouldnt touch it mate It has barge pole marks all over it.

Biff
Wednesday 1st April 2015, 20:57
Isn't this someone off here selling it?
Didn't the guy buy a merc?

Orca2
Wednesday 1st April 2015, 21:01
Why would they sell a car with a shagged out prop, if its fixable they would have fixed it. It would have to be mega cheap, cos it could end up costing a pile to sort it. If the prop i playing up at 25 to 30 mph its seriously out of balance . Or its got a shagged out bevel.

Harvey
Wednesday 1st April 2015, 21:35
And its a auto.

Squirtydog
Tuesday 5th May 2015, 21:12
Looks a mess. You'll end up painting most of the car plus all the wheels to get it looking right even before factoring in the faults listed. You could sink several grand into it easy. I wouldn't touch it.

Jimmie
Tuesday 5th May 2015, 22:12
And it would appear it's still for sale.
http://www.ssouniversal.com/vehicledetail.php?ref=256

Harvey
Tuesday 5th May 2015, 22:30
Shame the way some cars are not looked after.

kmb
Tuesday 5th May 2015, 22:31
The state of the wheels, that poor poor car :(

Orca2
Tuesday 5th May 2015, 22:36
You beat me to it , Imagine presenting it for sale in that state, not to mention the price, which looks like a £495 hike for absolutely nothing done.
Its a shame .

stutgart69
Tuesday 5th May 2015, 22:46
Sold for 3k according to the eBay ad

Jimmie
Tuesday 5th May 2015, 23:06
Sold for 3k according to the eBay ad
It maybe said that on Ebay but its still for sale on there own site