PDA

View Full Version : S70/V70 Steering Wheels! I wanna new one

Liddo
Thursday 24th November 2005, 15:58
I believe Volvo had issues with the leather on the 97-98 Steering wheels. Basically the hide they used was crap! Mine is VERY grubby at the top half of the wheel, and is uncleanable. So, I wanna buy a new one, but not pay £300 from the stealer! Where can I get one from???? None on Ebay :(

S60D5
Thursday 24th November 2005, 16:12
I believe Volvo had issues with the leather on the 97-98 Steering wheels. Basically the hide they used was crap! Mine is VERY grubby at the top half of the wheel, and is uncleanable. So, I wanna buy a new one, but not pay £300 from the stealer! Where can I get one from???? None on Ebay :(

They do come up on eBay fairly often... keep looking, or try the likes of Salvo?

Watch out when removing the airbag, though!!

Mrsmopp
Thursday 24th November 2005, 16:16
or try the likes of Salvo?

I was just about to suggest them too

x

Liddo
Thursday 24th November 2005, 16:18
They do come up on eBay fairly often... keep looking, or try the likes of Salvo?

Watch out when removing the airbag, though!!

I will! If i remove the battery, dosent that stop it going off???? Hmmmmm. Cheers anyway :B_thumb:

S60D5
Thursday 24th November 2005, 16:24
I will! If i remove the battery, dosent that stop it going off???? Hmmmmm. Cheers anyway :B_thumb:

Yeh, its when you reconnect the battery that possible problems blow up!

I've heard too many horror stories, so anything whereby I need to d/c the airbag it goes straight to my dealer! Least that way if it goes off they can fix it for me at their cost.

S60D5
Thursday 24th November 2005, 16:24
I was just about to suggest them too

x

I would never have guessed! :remybussi