PDA

View Full Version : Today I have been Mostly....850R wagon

bonnietiler
Monday 30th March 2015, 14:46
Fitting new (old) 302 discs and realising that my pads are banjaxed.
So I have entered to security code on the atomic deadlock on my Acme Suresafe-Skinflint Money belt and bought a set of DS2500 Ferodo pads.
I had these fitted on an old Scorpio Cosworth back in the day and they were the danglers.
So it's back on the street corners for me with my old mongrel dog and rattling my tin seeing what the passers-by might donate..
After all I have a stainless Jetex Cat back to finance....
Bonnietiler

jamesy12345
Monday 30th March 2015, 15:39
Penny for the guy mister! I've got those pads on, pretty good although I am usually just a plodder

Joolz_850R
Monday 30th March 2015, 17:27
We're they really that bad? They had not been on the car that long??

bonnietiler
Monday 30th March 2015, 18:20
I noticed that from the invoices but both sides against the slider were down to maybe 2mm, I suspect maybe a stuck caliper cos the discs were down to absolute minimum as well and a bit on the wavy side with a proper lip, managed to get a pair of really good genuine 302's hardly worn at all came with the carriers and calipers , spent the weekend getting all the rust off the bells and the vanes painted them up, they look great now, got them fitted this afternoon..Dry in Sunny Manchester...well for 3 hours at least!
Put the old pads in for now just in case I have to move, until the DS2500's arrive... But I've got the TR8 on the front, some people listen for the First Cuckoo but on my road they know that Spring has Sprung when the pretty much unsilenced TR8 fires up, managed to set a car alarm off yesterday..excellent..

Orca2
Monday 30th March 2015, 18:23
Hehe I bet it frightens the ££££e out of the cuckoo too. Nature is overrated!

Doingitsideways
Monday 30th March 2015, 20:35
Ha ha ha!

Used to love it when my Capri set alarms off.
Even managed to set a house alarm off once! ;)

Orca2
Monday 30th March 2015, 20:40
Were you ram raiding with it lol, top tip , always use someone elses car when ram raiding , I got away with a tv worth a grand , but did 2 grands worth of damage to my car.
And they say crime pays ...