PDA

View Full Version : 2001 V70 T5 Auto, ex traffic division, 228,000!

Soulboy
Thursday 26th March 2015, 21:23
Hi all,

As mentioned in my introduction thread, bought this car a week or so ago and absolutely love it.
It drives amazingly and fires on the button everytime, and is so comfortable and effortless.
It's had a 19t/green injectors/enclosed induction kit/boost guage fitted and this is where my first question lies,

It only boosts at about 10psi(which I assume is standard), now is it likely that someone would have done those mods and not bothered with a remap? I know I wouldn't have, but each to their own I guess.

OR, is it likely there is a boost leak or weak actuator?

What would be the easiest way to check these things?

I mean the car is quick, but a 250bhp car is gonna be, it's the extra that it promises that seems to be missing.

For the record, it also imo lacks throttle response, boost guage hardly shows a thing until you really give it some throttle, light throttle would have you doing 20mph everywhere.

TIA

kmb
Thursday 26th March 2015, 21:43
Could well be that the car was remapped and someone sold the remapped ECU separately to make a couple of hundred quid... I can't imagine the white injectors (if that is what would have been std) would be upgraded to green without a map to suit?

I certainly wouldn't expect to see an aftermarket boost gauge without it having had a remapped ECU, or other boost upping method.

Redbrick
Thursday 26th March 2015, 21:48
Could well be that the car was remapped and someone sold the remapped ECU separately to make a couple of hundred quid... I can't imagine the white injectors (if that is what would have been std) would be upgraded to green without a map to suit?

I certainly wouldn't expect to see an aftermarket boost gauge without it having had a remapped ECU, or other boost upping method.

Not as easy as that on a P2. Can't just plug another ECU in. I'd give it a good stage 0 and get a proper code read using a DICE to see what that brings up.

stribo
Thursday 26th March 2015, 22:20
As above, it should have had blues as standard, and a 16t. Have you got any paperwork to prove it's got a 19t?, or have you checked the turbo out yourself? Either way greens could give you over fuelling problems if it hasn't been remapped, but if someone's gone to the trouble of changing the injectors, and turbo, it would be pointless not to have had a remap, unless they really didn't know what they were doing.

Dream3r
Saturday 28th March 2015, 09:23
Easy enough to check out the fuel trims and requested boost with vida. Both of those would give you the answer.

Soulboy
Sunday 29th March 2015, 20:37
Thx for the replies, I don't have paperwork for the mods, but I can obviously see the injectors and the quite expensive carbon induction kit, so would imagine I wasn't being lied to about the blower, but I did get it from a dealer who was also told it was running 330+ bhp which it surely isn't at 10psi!

So this Vida that I need to check it with, I assume it's a diagnostic, are they expensive? Or does a kind someone in Herts area have one they would plug in for me? Cheers

jamesy12345
Sunday 29th March 2015, 20:50
Thx for the replies, I don't have paperwork for the mods, but I can obviously see the injectors and the quite expensive carbon induction kit, so would imagine I wasn't being lied to about the blower, but I did get it from a dealer who was also told it was running 330+ bhp which it surely isn't at 10psi!

So this Vida that I need to check it with, I assume it's a diagnostic, are they expensive? Or does a kind someone in Herts area have one they would plug in for me? Cheers

Paperwork doesn't mean much..I had a tuner certificate for my S reg V70R to say it had 330 hp with a Rica map & no other mods. Which was out by about 50 hp at least! As above I would just crack on with a stage 0. You might get a better look at the turbo from below.

billnbenT5
Thursday 16th April 2015, 18:37
Easy enough to check out the fuel trims and requested boost with vida. Both of those would give you the answer.

I haven't got my head totally round Vida/Dice yet. Does it do those kind of checks in the Diagnostics Tab?

Brian