PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone few questions!

Saffron c70 t5
Sunday 22nd March 2015, 18:41
hi im back in a volvo after selling my saffron c70 a few years ago, missed the 5cylinder burble too much and a cheap ph2 t5 v70 turned up :)
anyway first question its a 2002 model t5 is this the 2.3 or 2.4 at this age??
second question i have smoke from the dipstick and oil filler cap so im guessing the pcv is in need of replacing, wheres the best palce to obtain this from??
and lastly the interior headlight switch panel i belive no longer works as when i turn the healights to on/off nothing changes and the main beam will not stay on with the switch in any postions, the headlamp adjustment doesnt work, neither does the switch for the speedo brightness etc or the rear foglight switch. is it likely the whole unit is gone, is there a problem with them??

cheers!!

stribo
Sunday 22nd March 2015, 18:45
Welcome back, your car will be a 2.3L. The best place to get the PCV from would probably be Parts for Volvo. As regards the headlight switch, I believe it's coded to the car, as it's canbus, what may have happened is someone's changed the switch for one from another car, and as it's not coded to the car it won't work.

Saffron c70 t5
Sunday 22nd March 2015, 18:48
cheers, will it not be too old to be canbus? really dont want to have to bloody code the thing :(

stribo
Sunday 22nd March 2015, 18:49
All P2s are canbus.

Saffron c70 t5
Sunday 22nd March 2015, 19:06
bugger, is it dealer only to get that sorted then

stribo
Sunday 22nd March 2015, 19:11
bugger, is it dealer only to get that sorted then

I would have thought so, unfortunately.

Saffron c70 t5
Monday 23rd March 2015, 20:02
Hi just thought I'd let you know after a visit to the scrappy today I took a headlight switch from another v70 but the numbers didn't match as this one had front fogs and mine didn't, anyway took just to try and am pleased to report it works absolutely fine so the theory of them being coded can't be right.

stribo
Monday 23rd March 2015, 20:13
Hi just thought I'd let you know after a visit to the scrappy today I took a headlight switch from another v70 but the numbers didn't match as this one had front fogs and mine didn't, anyway took just to try and am pleased to report it works absolutely fine so the theory of them being coded can't be right.

Cool, glad it worked. Even the window switches are coded, so I'd imagine the light switch is, but all's well that ends well.

Saffron c70 t5
Monday 23rd March 2015, 20:42
Yea I'm pleased it was an easy fix, wonder as its ex police perhaps nothing's coded in as they added so much if there own wiring they maybe just wipe any codes off it so its easy for them to change things