PDA

View Full Version : Heater Matrix and Coolent Pipe

j@mie
Wednesday 18th March 2015, 07:09
Well, that wasn't so bad;

Since I first had the car (brought it last April) I've always had a small puddle of coolant on my garage floor.

Because of family and work commitments I've never really had the time to look into it; I've had the car stored up in my garage (of which I keep dehumidified) since September last year.

I took the car out for the first time last Saturday and noticed the famous 'sweet smell' that you get from inside the cabin when the matrix is usually on its way out.

Anyways, my mate pressure tested the coolant system and noticed that the actual leak was coming from main matrix hose to the side of the engine block. It had been previously cut badly by someone (probably from a previous split) and was barely being held on by the jubilee clip on the side of the engine. Quite bad to be honest.

Anyways, replaced with a brand new genuine Volvo hose; sorted.

Next we removed the heater matrix for another genuine Volvo replacement (thought we might as well 'kill two birds with one stone'); of which I was quite surprised how easy it was to do!

All replaced with yet again genuine Volvo coolant and bled through.

Well, that's my first commitment I've done since owning the T5-R and hopefully if the weathers good this weekend I'll be going to the Volvo meeting this Sunday @ Elstree Aerodrome.

TenaciousC
Wednesday 18th March 2015, 16:14
You did well to get the quick release off the firewall join.:) I (and many others) have tried and it disintegrated. In the end I removed the firewall join and connected to directly to metal pipes that connect to the matrix.