PDA

View Full Version : Chips away smart repair

Ettienne
Saturday 14th March 2015, 12:34
Had the bumper scuff in back of the sonic done today very happy will post some pics later

Ettienne
Saturday 14th March 2015, 16:16
Here's being done, came out very well indeed.

He said it's an odd colour to mix up and gave me the formula and some spare for touch ups.

Ettienne
Saturday 14th March 2015, 16:20
Before

volvokid
Saturday 14th March 2015, 17:26
And you can't see where he stopped? The last owner of my R had a chips away repair on the rear bumper and he only painted half the bumper! you can see it.

Ettienne
Saturday 14th March 2015, 17:35
And you can't see where he stopped? The last owner of my R had a chips away repair on the rear bumper and he only painted half the bumper! you can see it.

Yeah it looks pretty good, you wouldn't notice it and the price was pretty good £195.

Much cheaper than painting and replacing the bumper

S70T5Chris
Saturday 14th March 2015, 17:39
Surely you could have got the whole bumper painted for £200!

I'm not sure on these smart repairs. They look good when they're first done, but the general feedback is, the repair becomes obvious after a few months.

Ettienne
Saturday 14th March 2015, 17:46
Surely you could have got the whole bumper painted for £200!

I'm not sure on these smart repairs. They look good when they're first done, but the general feedback is, the repair becomes obvious after a few months.

I didn't pay but it would have been much more for whole bumper, but looks much better than before, so happy with it so far.

S70T5Chris
Saturday 14th March 2015, 17:49
I didn't pay but it would have been much more for whole bumper, but looks much better than before, so happy with it so far.

Cool, be interested to see if it lasts good in a few months. The Zafira could do with a couple of localised repairs if they're any good.

LeeT5
Monday 16th March 2015, 07:51

Can't see how? I had my whole front bumper, grille and bonnet painted for £300 and that was in a body shop spray booth.

Smart repairs are not always good. Yours looks ok, but I would keep an eye on it as the lacquer sometimes starts to peel away at the edges if not baked off properly.