PDA

View Full Version : 1.9 t4 tdo4l 14t stock actuator spring

maurice
Tuesday 10th March 2015, 13:30
Hi there!

Im New here and just introduced myself,

I need a new wastegate actuator for my t4, its worn and blows through the flapper arm, resulting in too high boost pressures..

Engine is b4194t stock 147kw/200hp
Turbo mitsubishi td04l 14t
Previous owner told me it was mapped with a stage 1 map and should have 235hp
It has an open exhaust 2.5/3"

Ive searched the web for hours but i cant find a solid answer :(

What is the stock spring pressure of this turbo rated at?
Found on the Internet some People say 0.3 bar, some 0.6 and others say 0.8... wich one is it?
I have to buy 1 from the internet/ebay cause my local turbo shop cant order it.

And i can choose for different spring pressures

0.3bar
0.5bar
0.6bar
0.8bar
1.0bar...

Wich 1 to get?

Im trying to find out how the system works
I found the stock boost pressure on this engine is about 0.8/1 bar, is this True?
Does it work Like this?: lets say wg actuator spring is 0.3 bar, is the stock tcv or boost solenoid (how its called..) bleeding the pressure to Like 1 bar of intake pressure? Is this correct?
What happens if i install a havier spring Like 0.8bar, does the ecu compensates this to bleed the tcv more? Or will the boost become higher than the stock pressure?

Sorry for my english i hope you guys understand :)

Thanks in advance

960kg
Tuesday 10th March 2015, 17:50
1mm movement of the actuator arm when resetting basic should be .036 about 5.3psi

Stock boost for manual trans is 11.6psi........Auto is 14.5psi ... your bar boost is correct

LeeT5
Tuesday 10th March 2015, 18:57
Would be easier if you worked in Metric and not imperial......psi is easier to understand. Well, for me anyway! :wink:

maurice
Tuesday 10th March 2015, 19:40
Thanks for the fast replys!

Alright, if my understandings are correct...?

I need a new actuator with a spring pressure of 5.3 psi
And the ecu bleeds the solenoid to achieve 11.6 psi at full boost(for my manual gearbox), is this correct?

So the next question, what will happen if I put in an actuator, with a base spring pressure from let's say 8 psi?
Probably the boost will Come in harder, but will the ecu compensate the boost solenoid to stay at the 11.6psi what he is looking for? Or is the ecu setup to have a (x)% change of the solenoid no matter what the stock actuator is rated at. So the full boost pressure will be much higher than stock?

I hope you understand what Im saying

Huge Thanks!

960kg
Wednesday 11th March 2015, 16:56
You should buy the standard setting spring and then adjust the actuator as you want........

If you fit an 8psi spring then you will probably have no adjustment left and will boost at it`s maximum......if the ECU thinks the boost is too much at best the Phase 1 1855 engine will retard the ignition and give less performance to protect the engine.....but not always!......a friend had 26psi which is over the top on a std. component P1 T4...so beware!

maurice
Wednesday 11th March 2015, 18:22
Great! Thanks you verry much!
So i will need to buy an actuator with a spring wich is rated stock at 5.3 psi right?