PDA

View Full Version : now the ABS light is on!

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 08:29
hi everyone,

read all your reply's about my brakes,and last night,the ABS light came on,so does this light mean that the abs is knackered,or does it mean something else,the car is being MOtd today,typical,to happen just before!!!!

any guidance,would be greatly accepted......

fraz13
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 08:34
Unfortunately your car will fail its MOT with the ABS light on :(

A would send Wobbly a PM ASAP and get it fixed

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 08:37
yes,that's annoying,but what could the problem be,has anyone ever had any problems with their abs....

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 08:40
Needs resoldering, the joints dry out after time - its a common fault

x

fraz13
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 08:40
Its more than likely to be the ECU as its a common fault, but it could be a wheel sensor, you could have it checked at your local stealer

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 08:44
i have just sent a private message to dave,see what happens......

any other reasons,why this has just suddenly happened...>???

fraz13
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 08:47
Nope, get yer wallet out!!!!

weasel
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 14:40
'Needs resoldering, the joints dry out after time - its a common fault'
i was reading around the web a few days ago and found a site that was on about repairing relays. it seems that drying and cracking solder joints is not confined to the abs modules only! makes me wonder just how many problems can resolved in this way.....

Engineer
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 16:46
'Needs resoldering, the joints dry out after time - its a common fault'
i was reading around the web a few days ago and found a site that was on about repairing relays. it seems that drying and cracking solder joints is not confined to the abs modules only! makes me wonder just how many problems can resolved in this way.....The list is endless........................................... ..................

SaffronC70
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 17:09
I used to get random ABS lights coming on; sitting in traffic, crusing steadily or even at idle.

I unplugged and reseated the ABS plug - not had an ABS light on for a good month now.

I also opened the ECU for a visual check, but I would not attempt this ! lol

Chris