PDA

View Full Version : East Anglia Xmas Do

Andrew
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 08:32
I need confirmed answers by next week (30th) and given I need to put a deposit down - don't put your name down if your going to cancel last minute :P

Place: The Travellers Rest, Huntingdon Road, Girton, Cambridge, CB3 0DL
Time: 10th Dec Meet: 12 noon Eat: 12.30.

I've never eaten here before but it seems like a good central location that most should be able to make it to from East Anglia (cambs, suffolk, essex, norfolk). It has a large car park etc...

List:
===

1. Andrew
2. Engineer

1st post will be updated with directions, people coming etcetc.

Engineer
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 21:43
Sad bunch these southern guys so busy rushing around doing s--t they ain't got time for people. Quote from movie "The Magnificent Seven" now there are II.

madness
Thursday 24th November 2005, 15:53
thanks for the pm andrew, but unfortunately that is my sat. working otherwise i would maybe have made it.

siamblue
Thursday 24th November 2005, 17:02
Sorry Andrew i have other plans for that weekend otherwise you know we would've been there.

Gary

Jamie
Thursday 24th November 2005, 17:26
Sounds good - I'll have a word at home and let you know asap. Cheers for the PM Andrew

Jamie

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 24th November 2005, 18:10
Sadly I will be unable to attend

dicky b t5
Friday 25th November 2005, 19:49
Andrew, Not 100% sure yet , will let you know Monday..

Thanks for the PM.

nobananas
Saturday 26th November 2005, 00:19
Sorry mate, Work goes mad on the run up to Xmas so I couldn't be definite :frown:

Andrew
Saturday 26th November 2005, 13:13
Well all - given the overwhelming lack of response (even though I PM'd at least 20-30 members in the area) we're going to cancel this and those that are interested will head down to the Sussex meet/meal which is being held on the same day.

Ac.

Engineer
Saturday 26th November 2005, 14:04
Well all - given the overwhelming lack of response (even though I PM'd at least 20-30 members in the area) we're going to cancel this and those that are interested will head down to the Sussex meet/meal which is being held on the same day.

Ac.10/10 for effort mate, are you sure the Sussex one is the 10th?

Andrew
Saturday 26th November 2005, 14:07
10/10 for effort mate, are you sure the Sussex one is the 10th?

Thought so - Siam to confirm ...
If not then whenever.

S60D5
Saturday 26th November 2005, 14:41
10/10 for effort mate, are you sure the Sussex one is the 10th?

What sussex one? I didn't know 'bout this? Lol.

Engineer
Saturday 26th November 2005, 14:59
What sussex one? I didn't know 'bout this? Lol.
Some confussion here I think, cause your on the list and no date set yet as far as I know.

S60D5
Saturday 26th November 2005, 15:10
Some confussion here I think, cause your on the list and no date set yet as far as I know.

Is this the one I was trying to arrange?

Deffo no date yet, just getting an idea of numbers who'd be interested!

Al115
Saturday 26th November 2005, 15:11
I would have travelled from my place in Herts if I had been around!

Sorry that this one didn't get more "takers".

Andrew
Saturday 26th November 2005, 18:50
I would have travelled from my place in Herts if I had been around!

Sorry that this one didn't get more "takers".

No bother - last minute thing etc

We'll try again early in the year with a London to Brighton run I think.

Ac.

S60D5
Saturday 26th November 2005, 19:08
No bother - last minute thing etc

We'll try again early in the year with a London to Brighton run I think.

Ac.

Yeah, that would be cool - the motorway would be a little boring tho so those with Sat Nav can lead along the nice country lanes and we could all meet for a meal somewhere just outside of Brighton? I know a few places that might be good!

If its in the new year I may well have RICA'd my D5 by then! :sinner:

Straker
Saturday 26th November 2005, 19:36
Hi everyone

Cheers Andrew for the PM message and I know it's been cancled but couldn't have made it anyway sorry guys. Also sorry took so long responding but have been in Turkey for a week driving prototype Transits which aren't as fast as volvo's but and unladen chassis cab and rwd on icy roads did make it quite entertaing. :B_steerin

Sounds like we need to organise a Essex/suflok meet early in the new year to see what everyone got fro christmas!

Cheers

Jamie
Monday 28th November 2005, 13:45
Andrew, Sorry for not getting back to you quickly enough. Thanks for suggesting the meet - sorry it didn't happen this time.

Regards

Jamie

MartinK
Thursday 1st December 2005, 12:22
Sorry I missed this, mate. PM on bulletin boards is not a very reliable way of contacting me, it seems. I've only just checked it, and it's two weeks after you sent it. :ashamed:

Anyhoo, it's my cousin's wedding that day.

Yeah, I know. Wedding. 10th Dec. :wtf: Maybe the venue was cheap?

Use SMS or email next time. ;)