PDA

View Full Version : Oops

miltski
Thursday 5th March 2015, 19:56
Think I'll be ok?

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8660/16725396382_3d4dbf3a43.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/rtY2D9)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/rtY2D9) by miltski1 (https://www.flickr.com/people/27818255@N05/), on Flickr

Might need more than the water pump that seized methinks?

So do I sell the R for peanuts now or spend loads getting a new engine?? Surely I'll never be so lucky as to have not bent loads, happened at 50mph today, loss of power car stalled and I coasted to side or road( well a406 during rush hour)

And cried a little when I saw cranks weren't turning so took cam over off and saw the seized water pump and belt with chunk taken out boo hoo!

t5 pete
Thursday 5th March 2015, 20:03
Bent valves at best whip the head off and see if there is any damage to piston tops and inspect the condition of the cylinder walls

Santa
Thursday 5th March 2015, 20:05
Aaaaarrrrrrr, that wont buff out.

miltski
Thursday 5th March 2015, 20:07
Still waiting for recovery, no tow as awd. Only been couple hours so far!!

stribo
Thursday 5th March 2015, 20:08
TBH and Pete probably knows as well, but doesn't want to make you feel worse, if the valves have come in contact with the piston heads, which they will have done, then the pistons will be damaged too. Your best bet would be to try and source another engine if you plan to keep the car. Sorry this has happened to you, but before making any rash decisions, sleep on it.

miltski
Thursday 5th March 2015, 20:13
Engine has done 175k so I think easier to get another engine? Not much more in time to remove and replace all these bits as I don't have garage facilities or even a driveway to do the work on. Only bought the car few weeks ago, done pcv already and few bits cambelt/water pump were next on list for "piece of mind" now the belt and water pump is in pieces.........

oblark
Thursday 5th March 2015, 21:24
Oh £££££, I feel your pain.

c70geoff
Thursday 5th March 2015, 21:28
££££ dude not good
feel for ya

t5 pete
Thursday 5th March 2015, 21:28
TBH and Pete probably knows as well, but doesn't want to make you feel worse, if the valves have come in contact with the piston heads, which they will have done, then the pistons will be damaged too. Your best bet would be to try and source another engine if you plan to keep the car. Sorry this has happened to you, but before making any rash decisions, sleep on it.

Why, did I not give the right information? :hilarious:hilarious

miltski
Thursday 5th March 2015, 22:01
Still at side of road as wrong vehicle sent to recover me, have had time to get cabin fever, can I not get another t5 engine and use my turbo and injectors etc? It's a pre me7 surely the R's were not that different engine-wise?

Hound
Thursday 5th March 2015, 22:15
Ouch. :worried: Sorry to see that.

miltski
Thursday 5th March 2015, 22:34
Still waiting recovery only four and a half hours since I broke down

c70geoff
Thursday 5th March 2015, 22:37
bloody recovery drivers
what area are you in?

oblark
Thursday 5th March 2015, 22:38
As far as I know the t5 & R engines are the same its just the turbo, injectors and ecu sof££££e that is different

Shinsplintz 101
Friday 6th March 2015, 05:55
The 2.3 t5 lump is the same in t5s/Rs. As oblark says above, just swap the ancillary items from your old engine the the new & drop it in. Just make sure you get an me4.x engine, not the the later me7 lump, for a straightforward swap.
P.s do you want me to refund the money for the polybush ? Let me know.

Good luck & shop around for a replacement lump, plenty of duds floating about!
All the best, Morgan

stribo
Friday 6th March 2015, 06:57
Why, did I not give the right information? :hilarious:hilarious

You only gave half the information. :P

miltski
Sunday 8th March 2015, 09:47
The 2.3 t5 lump is the same in t5s/Rs. As oblark says above, just swap the ancillary items from your old engine the the new & drop it in. Just make sure you get an me4.x engine, not the the later me7 lump, for a straightforward swap.
P.s do you want me to refund the money for the polybush ? Let me know.

Good luck & shop around for a replacement lump, plenty of duds floating about!
All the best, Morgan

Morgan every little helps, this is just the thing forums are about thanks

I think I will have to sell the car as it is which means someone if they have the facilities will get a bargain, but I can't keep paying insurance and road tax for something which I doubt will get fixed anytime soo. The choice is to get it trailered somewhere then wait until an engine becomes available but I simply don't have this opportunity.

I am so upset I bought this car literally a month ago and the day she died was the first day the mpg was showing over 30!