PDA

View Full Version : Future of the southern meet

Ettienne
Thursday 5th March 2015, 10:42
What's happening this month? Number seem to have dropped off a lot, are we giving it a miss and maybe organise a quarterly meet instead?

I'm happy to organise something in Portsmouth most likely on southeick hill for an hour or 2 or the odd BBQ in the summer.

Not forgetting the monthly voc meet, I'll do that this month

What's everyond thinking?

MaxTS
Thursday 5th March 2015, 10:52
Well I know I have not actually attended any just yet even though I said I will but I would like to attend this months of there will be one.

Ettienne
Thursday 5th March 2015, 11:15
Myself, mrp, Oblark and Neil, Charlie think won't be attending (from what I gather). I doubt there will be one this month.

However a hill top meet I'd be interested in Sunday morning for locals or who want to travel, for most Pompey is closer.

MoleT-5R
Thursday 5th March 2015, 16:33
I attend annually.....lol......but seriously I think it's down to the time of year, we had a drop-off in numbers here and now they seem to be picking-up as the weather improves and days get longer and the change of venue is stirring up more interest too. It was nice to meet a few new people at are last meet and hopefully a few more for the next

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 5th March 2015, 22:50
I haven't got a car worth bringing!!

Volvo meets are probably going to be reduced a bit this year. I'm not sure I'm even going to make the big meets due to work!

Ettienne
Friday 6th March 2015, 00:08
I'd actually prefer a Saturday then we could pop to the local breakers for a parts hunt and there's a cafe near it I believe

Ettienne
Saturday 28th March 2015, 19:50
How does a quartly meet sound?

Maybe at Merc world as it's mid way between the Essex and hants meet, plus it's a fantastic venue.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 28th March 2015, 19:54
I still think the Softues meet is a good venue for us.. It's just a shame I can't commit to any dates at the moment..

Ettienne
Saturday 28th March 2015, 20:04
No one wants to organise it and it's always a pain to fix a date, but if it's a 3 monthly affair it can be argued over and a date fixed.

stribo
Saturday 28th March 2015, 20:19
Even then dates will be argued over.

Ettienne
Saturday 28th March 2015, 20:46
If someone else wants to take over please feel free.

But the point is, if it's every 3 months gives us plenty of time to argue and fix a date, rather than try to do 12 at once or in a 1 month period.

stribo
Saturday 28th March 2015, 21:33
All I'm saying is not everyone will be able to make whatever date's chosen, so they'll be disagreement.

RichT4
Sunday 29th March 2015, 10:09
It also helps when people actually turn up for the planned meet... (Portsmouth meet being the example here)

oblark
Sunday 29th March 2015, 10:23
Even then dates will be argued over.

You would argue black was blue.

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 29th March 2015, 13:38
I'd attend only if Martin comes :ready2go:

stribo
Sunday 29th March 2015, 14:14
You would argue black was blue.

But it is. :P

stribo
Sunday 29th March 2015, 14:15
I'd attend only if Martin comes :ready2go:

You'd better speak to his wife then, she's the one who won't let him attend. :)

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 29th March 2015, 15:31
You'd better speak to his wife then, she's the one who won't let him attend. :)

Nah, someone pissed him off :smileypul

stribo
Sunday 29th March 2015, 15:51
Nah, someone pissed him off :smileypul

He stopped coming to the Softies meet long before that.

Ettienne
Sunday 29th March 2015, 16:41
If someone wants to take over organising the meet, please do, myself and Oblark are both really busy currently and mrp is not here to help.

Alternate venues are welcome.

There is a voc meet in south wick every month, we could piggy back?

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 29th March 2015, 16:41
Personally I don't attend meets for any particular person. I like mets because every so often there will be something to learn.

Along the way good friends are made and lost... Just because the odd arguement occurs new members make up the gap.

I've just cleared the drive of a VAG, so it'll be back to the T4, then EBay the TDI for me before the 960 returns..

Anyone want a shed of a TDI ..?

LeeT5
Sunday 29th March 2015, 19:03
I'd attend meets too but my shift makes it a nightmare as I rarely get weekends off. However, that is changing next month as I'm swapping to 'every weekend off' pattern for a year!
Hopefully I'll be able to attend some this year, as long as there not too far away.
Portsmouth is too far for me. Any further west of the M3 just takes too long and going North of the A127 too. So if you follow the M3 from S'hampton up to M25 then head East, round to the A127 then East.....I can pretty much do all that area of Kent, E.Sussex and Essex.

stribo
Sunday 29th March 2015, 19:08
I'd attend meets too but my shift makes it a nightmare as I rarely get weekends off. However, that is changing next month as I'm swapping to 'every weekend off' pattern for a year!
Hopefully I'll be able to attend some this year, as long as there not too far away.
Portsmouth is too far for me. Any further west of the M3 just takes too long and going North of the A127 too. So if you follow the M3 from S'hampton up to M25 then head East, round to the A127 then East.....I can pretty much do all that area of Kent, E.Sussex and Essex.

I guess you have sat nav in your works van, as your geography is rubbish. :P Portsmouth is to the east of Southampton. :lol:

LeeT5
Monday 30th March 2015, 09:26
I guess you have sat nav in your works van, as your geography is rubbish. :P Portsmouth is to the east of Southampton. :lol:

You're right, my mistake. I was getting the M3/A3 mixed up...lol. Anywhere East of the A3 then!

Ettienne
Monday 30th March 2015, 11:40
You're right, my mistake. I was getting the M3/A3 mixed up...lol. Anywhere East of the A3 then!

Merc world is the north end of it, should try and get there

maxivolvo
Wednesday 15th April 2015, 17:40
i'd be keen for a meet on the south coast. I'm in lymington hampshire, near bournemouth/southampton

RichT4
Wednesday 15th April 2015, 22:37
i'd be keen for a meet on the south coast. I'm in lymington hampshire, near bournemouth/southampton

Well I'm sure there will be one this month if somebody confirms?