PDA

View Full Version : Avoid this car

Ettienne
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 20:44
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-S-60-R-/181682105134?hash=item2a4d18eb2e

Absolutely avoid this car, has a split liner, front main crank seal leaking and oddly has 2013 airbags and some frontal damage.

I advised the owner of the problems and now it's up forsale with slight oil leak.

AcidicDavey
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 20:47
No mention of an oil leak in the ad?
He mentions a coolant leak he hasn't sorted yet.

Ettienne
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 20:47
Whilst I was checking it over

Ettienne
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 20:53
No mention of an oil leak in the ad?
He mentions a coolant leak he hasn't sorted yet.

Coolant leak, it empties the header everyday on a 40 mile drive, service history is in French and it's the one I asked did anyone know this car the other day.

Cheeky git I told him about all the problems

Ettienne
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 20:55
New listing link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-S-60-R-/181682105134?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

JamesT5
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:09
Good project for someone who wants an 'R' on the cheap.

abdul
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:21

It wont be cheap when u get all the problems fixed

Ettienne
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:23

What's cheap about it, I paid £2000 for my s60r manual with full ferrita turbo back, mte2 and 340bhp, which came with so much stuff, when I sold it off the car owed me £1200

Plus I wouldn't want the early 55-50 gearbox and it's been in some sort of accident I found loose bolts lying in the engine bay etc, tbh looks a light ish frontal or it's been incredibly repaired.

It has some front bumper damage and the 2013 airbags are not a good sign.

claymore
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:28
What's cheap about it, I paid £2000 for my s60r manual with full ferrita turbo back, mte2 and 340bhp, which came with so much stuff, when I sold it off the car owed me £1200

Plus I wouldn't want the early 55-50 gearbox and it's been in some sort of accident I found loose bolts lying in the engine bay etc, tbh looks a light ish frontal or it's been incredibly repaired.

It has some front bumper damage and the 2013 airbags are not a good sign.

So just about perfect for James then :)

JamesT5
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:35
You lot are so predictable, you always say exactly what I think you are going to say. I place the bait, you always take it... :wiggle: :wave23d:

Ettienne
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:36
The plot sickens

It's registered as a 6speed manual on that reg number, I wonder if it's a ringer?

Ettienne
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:37
You lot are so predictable, you always say exactly what I think you are going to say. I place the bait, you always take it... :wiggle: :wave23d:

So you are a troll! I call for a mod to remove this unwanted, trolling person!!

JamesT5
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:39
So you are a troll! I call for a mod to remove this unwanted, trolling person!!

No, I'm not a troll...... I like a bit of banter. :D

AcidicDavey
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:40
I asked the seller the following...

'Hello,

I've been looking for one of these for a while (especially in Flash Green).

How bad is the coolant leak you mention? Where does it drip from? How often do you have to top up?

Many thanks,
Dave'

His response below...

'Hi, I top the coolant up about every 2-3 days the expansion tank is never empty just about half level, I haven't been able to diagnose where it is exactly coming from, just there's a patch underneath after driving away.

Many thanks'

I'm guessing this is porkies then Ettienne?

Ettienne
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:46
I asked the seller the following...

'Hello,

I've been looking for one of these for a while (especially in Flash Green).

How bad is the coolant leak you mention? Where does it drip from? How often do you have to top up?

Many thanks,
Dave'

His response below...

'Hi, I top the coolant up about every 2-3 days the expansion tank is never empty just about half level, I haven't been able to diagnose where it is exactly coming from, just there's a patch underneath after driving away.

Many thanks'

I'm guessing this is porkies then Ettienne?

He said he fills it driving to Chichester and back to where he lives approx 30 miles.

There was no patch when I looked under it only an oil patch, he has owned the car a week and bought the white Suzuki in the pic as it's a "rubbish car with issues" his words.

He took the car from the trader and went to tax it and it had no mot! So he took it back and then it was mot'd at the same place with no advisories. He has had to change the rear tyres, front discs and pads as both where knackered and should have at least been an advisory along with other things.

Oh and it smokes, I.e chucking water out the back.

I offered him advise on fixing it as he has been ripped off and would have put him in touch with the local Indy that would give him a good price to do the work. I repaired mine and they put the head back on for me.

Ettienne
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:49
No, I'm not a troll...... I like a bit of banter. :D

What you described is cyber trolling.

Ettienne
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 21:51

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

oblark
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 22:37

I stopped using this forum coz of this dickheads bull££££,

I pop back to catch up with old friends only to find this dickhead is posting his normal bull££££.

WHEN WILL SOMEONE GET RID OF THIS @#$!ING IDIOT

Biff
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 23:01
I think Rob had a much better input on the forum & his cars are better.
I vote Rob to stay.
James your out of order & quite honestly just annoying. This forum was much better when you were on your "gardening leave" & to be frank it's just annoying it's the same people having "banter" with you as everyone else wouldn't give you their used engine oil to put in your far un superior s60 & copper greased v70.
No one cares!!
That Steve is a great explanation of this idiot & his silly ways.

stribo
Thursday 5th March 2015, 06:15
If everyone put him on their ignore list like I have, no one would see what tripe he's writing, no one would respond to said tripe, and he'd get bored and go elsewhere, however, mods would have to make sure he wasn't giving inaccurate 'advice' to newer members.

S70T5Chris
Thursday 5th March 2015, 06:49

So you admit you are a "troll". Time to say "goodbye" then, isn't it?

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 5th March 2015, 11:16
http://www.keepcalmandposters.com/posters/1695511.png

LiamT4
Thursday 5th March 2015, 20:27

Thats sad.

Santa
Thursday 5th March 2015, 20:38
Admitting to trolling......really ££££ing stupid! No more benefit of the doubt then.

Ettienne
Thursday 5th March 2015, 20:41
Admitting to trolling......really ££££ing stupid! No more benefit of the doubt then.

Oh thank ££££!!

claymore
Thursday 5th March 2015, 20:44

Is this temporary or permanent?

Harvey
Thursday 5th March 2015, 21:00
Is this temporary or permanent?

Even temporary can be a long time !.

stribo
Thursday 5th March 2015, 21:15
I think it's "Good Night Vienna", Santa, get ready for litigation. ;)

Nealevo
Thursday 5th March 2015, 21:18
Thank you to all the management xxxxxx