PDA

View Full Version : 2003 S60 mirror adjusting itself.

reedler18
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 19:17
Hi folks. I removed my drivers door mirror glass recently to replace it and ever since the mirror has been adjusting itself?? As I open the door to get in I can hear it clicking as it tries to adjust itself. It did it the other night as I was joking the motorway and I quickly realised I was looking at the sky!
Has anyone else had similar? It's rather frustrating.....

Cheers all.
Simon.

LeeT5
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 19:31
Assuming you have electric memory seats?

Here's what I think you've done.

The mirror was already set to your driving position as per seat pos.1/2 or 3.

Whilst you were prying the glass off, you've moved the motor in the mirror. Now every time you get in the car and 'unlock', it's memory setting tries to move the mirror.....but it's moving to a different setting (difficult to try to describe)

Try the following:

Using your normal key, unlock the car.
Get in and close the door.
Now start the car and set the mirror to the required setting using the 'joystick' switch.
Now (once your happy with the mirror's position) press and hold 'Memory' and 'button 1' (at the same time) on the memory seat controls. Hold for 3 seconds.

Now exit the car, lock, unlock and get back in and restart the car. That should fix it! :B_thumb:

reedler18
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 19:54
You sir, are a star. That worked a treat! I didn't realise the mirrors also worked on the memory. It all makes perfect sense now ��
Thank you.
Simon.

LeeT5
Wednesday 4th March 2015, 20:11
You sir, are a star. That worked a treat! I didn't realise the mirrors also worked on the memory. It all makes perfect sense now ��
Thank you.
Simon.

My pleasure. That's what the forum's for my friend! :)

reedler18
Friday 6th March 2015, 15:58
Hmmm, it would appear to be doing it again 😕 I may take the glass out again and see if I can spot anything untoward.
It seems like every time I try to put something right 2 more problems arise as a result.........

LeeT5
Friday 6th March 2015, 23:30
Hmmm, it would appear to be doing it again �� I may take the glass out again and see if I can spot anything untoward.
It seems like every time I try to put something right 2 more problems arise as a result.........

You using the same key?

Have you tried pressing seat position 1 again?

reedler18
Wednesday 11th March 2015, 11:08
It has now fixed itself.......I don't know how or why, all I know is it is now working fine.😀
Thanks for your help.
Simon.